Schedule : Part-timeAs a member of the healthcare team, provides clerical, administrative or business support to patients, families and those providing service and / or care.
The incumbent functions according to the job description for Business Clerks.1. Grade 12 or equivalent2. Graduate of community college secretarial or office administration program or equivalent or equivalent office experience3.
Critical Care services for Business Clerk or Office experience preferred.4. Medical Terminology Certificate 1 and 2 or demonstrated knowledge equivalent to the Medical Terminology Certificate 1 and 2 acquired in a different Business Clerk position, which may be subject to testing.
5. Keyboarding 40 WPM, which may be subject to testing.6. Demonstrated skill in use of Meditech, MS Exchange, MS Word, CCIS.
7. Knowledge of and ability to implement scheduling practices related to union and non-union staff8. Demonstrated ability to interpret and consistently apply human resource policies and procedures, collective agreement language9.
Ability to set priorities and organize work accordingly.10. Mathematical skills related to patient billing.11. Demonstrated effective communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, public relations and problem- solving skills.
12. Ability to set priorities and organize work accordingly.13. Ability to deal with various hospital departments effectively and collaboratively.
14. Ability to appreciate the confidential nature of the position.15. Ability to sit for long periods, repetitive reaching, repetitive bending.
16. Ability to work within a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.17. Ability to demonstrate that the candidate meets the qualifications of the posting.