Basic Function: Reporting directly to the Department Team Lead - Cosmetics, the Analyst I will be responsible for providing basic technical support and analysis within the Cosmetics Testing Laboratory. This is a deadline-based, high-pressure work environment with on-going projects for a variety of clients.
The Analyst I will have some experience in handling instrumentation analyses and will be able to work independently with minimal supervision. The incumbent must be energetic, exceedingly well-organized, flexible, and must have the ability to interact with customers and staff in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining proactive, resourceful, and efficient. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
The Analyst 1 must:
- Be a capable instrument or equipment operator;
- Be experienced on a number of routine and some non-routine methods and procedures;
- Be proficient at data retrieval and interpretation of routine analysis or tests;
- Be familiar with wet chemistry techniques;
- Have basic troubleshooting skills, both with instruments and methods;
- Know how to set up HPLC systems;
- Know how to run manual systems;
- Know how to operate Perkin Elmer systems and TotalChrom or Chromeleon a strong asset;
- Be able to write lab reports;
- Be able to work under GMP and GLP guidelines; familiarity with USP and cosmetic testing an asset.
- Sample preparation;
- Mobile phases preparation;
- Running multiple samples and systems on a daily basis;
- Documentation: Ensuring accurate reporting in lab books.
Qualifications - Education:
- A B.Sc. degree preferably in Chemistry, or diploma in related field;
- A solid background and understanding of Chemistry is mandatory;
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- 1-3 years working in chemistry-related industries;
- Experience working with cosmetics;
- Experience working in a contract laboratory considered a strong asset.
Other Required Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- A good command of English is necessary;
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently, while supporting a collaborative, team-based department;
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines;
- Must be proactive, self-disciplined, and able to demonstrate a high level of productivity;
- Demonstrate satisfactory work performance and attendance record;
- Display a high level of professionalism;
- Willingness to learn with the ability to retain information quickly and apply knowledge to various scenarios.
Working Conditions: This position will be working in a laboratory environment where standing is required for greater than 50% of the time to work at the bench for analyses. Light lifting requirements of no more than 20 lbs.Periodic weekend or evening work may occur.
** This posting is for a 6-month contract with potential to go permanent, based on performance and business needs. **
Eurofins welcomes all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please. Thank you!