PCAS21-043 - Programmer / Analyst (2 Year Contract)
The Children's Aid Society of Peel Region, 25 Capston Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Req #677 Thursday, August 26, 2021 At Peel CAS, our mission is to protect children and strengthen families & communities through partnership.
We are currently seeking the following professional to join our team :
Reporting to the Manager, Business Information and Innovation, the Programmer / Analyst is responsible for the development and maintenance of applications for various department functions as well as developing data capture solutions (forms, databases and reports etc.
Information captured will support a variety of requirements including Ministry reporting, accountability and monitoring outcomes as well as assisting with various ad hoc requests to support key agency projects.
Duties includes applications system analysis and design, coding, user acceptance testing, implementation, production support, and documentation as well as design, development and maintenance of high quality Power BI dashboards and reports.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB SPECIFICATIONS / COMPETENCIES
1. Excellent technical knowledge in developing applications, queries, dashboards and reports utilizing various software including but not limited to :
a. Visual Studio, .NET, ASP.NET, IIS, HTML, XML and Team Foundation Server
b. MS SQL Server (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS) 2016 and higher
c. IBM Cognos, Power BI, Tableau
d. MS Office (including Access)
e. Datawarehousing (ETL)
2. IT tech support skills with strong troubleshooting skills and knowledge of current technologies
3. Ability to write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices and a good documentation skills
4. A solid understanding of how applications work including security, session management, and software development life cycle
5. Excellent data analysis, dashboard and reporting skills
6. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as being logical and efficient
7. Excellent organizational skills, along with the ability to set priorities and schedule work accordingly, in order to successfully complete tasks and meet deadlines.
8. Ability to interact co-operatively and professionally with peers, agency staff and members of various stakeholder groups, continuously building productive working relationships.
Education : Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
Experience : Five years' experience in application, database, dashboard and report development with increasing scope and responsibility
Other educational and personal qualifications together with progressive experience, which in the opinion of the Director, Strategic Data Intelligence, constitutes adequate and suitable preparation for the position.