We are looking for Master/PhD Degree (preferably from Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics & Statistics, Earth and Space, Aerospace Studies and Mechatronics), and who are passionate about coding and building perception software systems for autonomous driving. Such systems include 3D object detection, segmentation, localization, classification, regression and prediction, as well as 3D scene understanding, SLAM, and sensor fusion and tracking, using both deep learning and classical machine learning techniques and multiple sensors such as cameras and LIDAR sensors.
This role involves working closely with experienced researchers to participate in the design, implementation and deployment of state-of-the-art perception algorithms and processing modules. The role inherently involves iterative preparation of training data (mainly formatting and reviewing labeled data produced by other teams), algorithm training and performance evaluation using publicly available datasets, Huawei’s own labeled datasets, and live on an autonomous vehicle. The role includes the possibility of becoming a contributor and co-author in paper submissions to top tier conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, IROS, ICRA and NIPS.
- Possess a Master /PhD degree in computer vision, machine learning, computer science, mathematics, automation, or have equivalent research experiences
- Have famous meeting/published journal articles such as CVPR, ICCV, ICCE, ICRA, IROS, RSS, NIPS, AAAI, CoRL, IV, itsc or ECCV
- Have more than two years experiences in research in applying machine learning and deep learning
- Have solid programming skills, proficient in C/C++, Python/Matlab and other programming languages
- Have good team cooperation spirit, as well as communication and coordination ability
- Have the following experience priority:
- Have deep learning research and engineering experience, familiar with common ML libraries and frameworks: OpenCV/Caffe Tensor flow/MXNet, etc.
- Be familiar with the small sample learning, online learning and incremental learning techniques, etc.
- Have delivery experience with computer vision tasks