Who We Are :
Wesley offers support for people experiencing poverty, homelessness, and barriers in Hamilton, Halton and Brantford. We are a long-standing local non-profit and are passionate about our work advocating for harm reduction, housing, poverty eradication and food security.
We're committed to our diversity & inclusion process and a healthy work life balance. We would love for you to join our team!
Internal Job Posting
Job Title : Recreation Therapy Worker Job Posting # : 3230
Program : Community Housing Support Program Classification : B
Posting Date : June 04, 2021 Posting Closing : June 18, 2021
Status : part-time, temporary, union
Responsible to : Manager, Wesley Halton Housing Services
To assist vulnerably housed individuals and social housing communities through the planning and implementation of recreational activities based on individual and group social, practical and leisure needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for professionals who have demonstrated expertise in one or more of following; housing first, housing with supports on site, residential therapeutic programs, therapeutic recreation programs in these settings.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications attributes :
1. Builds constructive relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation and mutual respect
2. Helps to create and contributes to a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity
3. Values and respects the internal and external customers to the organization
1. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of their work, and team work
2. Believes, respects and adheres to the vision, mission and values of Wesley Urban Ministries
1. Demonstrates an understanding of Wesley's, Vision and Values through service delivery approach
2. Acts with integrity
3. Demonstrates a knowledge of the code of ethics of working in social services
4. Adapts to changing program requirements, conditions and work responsibilities
Please Apply Via : Our Wesley Breezy Employee Portal :
Wesley is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please. More information about Wesley can be found on our website at www.wesley.ca