Job Summary :
The incumbent assists with various engineering initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Collect data, compile and prepare reports of the City’s road network.
2. Perform traffic counts at various locations throughout the City and enter the data into a database.
3. Provide assistance to complete designs, and generate construction drawings.
4. Perform and / or assist in various survey functions.
5. Prepare technical specifications and tender packages on small capital projects as assigned.
6. Assist with contract administration during construction of small capital projects.
7. Assist in developing various budgets including compiling unit prices by reviewing previous bid results or sourcing externally.
8. Work on various projects as assigned, ability to research and prepare memos and reports.
9. Provide construction supervision and / or inspections as required.
10. Follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
11. Other related duties.
This description contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.