Interior Health’s Core Infrastructure Team is hiring a permanent full-time CTS Analyst III, to be based out of our office in Kelowna!
Surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery, the thriving city of Kelowna is situated on the eastern shores of Lake Okanagan in the south central region of British Columbia.
It is the largest city in the area and boasts all of the amenities of a major centre including fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant arts and culture scene.
Wine tours, golfing, skiing, boating, swimming and camping are among the many recreational activities enjoyed by residents here.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Core Technology Services (CTS) Analyst performs a variety of duties to ensure the provision of effective implementation, maintenance and support of complex computer systems consisting of servers, clients, backup and data storage systems throughout Interior Health.
What is required in order to be successful in this role? Having the following experience and skills will be a great asset to any applicant :
If this sounds like you, tell us about your experience in these areas in your application! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you.
Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces...Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Designs network servers, data storage and back up architectures. Configures, installs and modifies network servers, clients, storage and backup systems and peripherals.
2. Maintains computer systems and software applications by analyzing and diagnosing server, client and data storage problems and implements solutions.
3. Implements and maintains operating systems software by analyzing current programs and recommending program adjustments or changes.
Develops documentation and instructional material for department staff regarding modifications or changes to operating systems software.
4. Develops specifications for network servers, client, storage and back-up systems to operate on local and wide area network systems by gathering information from user departments and developing and documenting systems and procedures and preparing implementation plans.
project milestone and deliverables; performs feasibility studies, cost / benefit analyses, project planning; maintains project documentation, evaluation criteria and authorizations.
6. Develops policies, procedures and documentation relating to the configuration, operating and maintenance of servers, clients, data storage and back-up systems.
7. Acts as the first line support person for problem calls as required; trouble-shoots hardware and software problems; refers problems to other IT staff or vendors as appropriate.
8. Maintains a database of servers, storage equipment and related equipment for Interior Health.
9. Prepares work plans for implementation of hardware and software, and provides training or orientation to department staff and users.
10. Liaises with vendors to ensure that servers, database, software and system issues are resolved in a timely and cost effective manner.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience :
Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science plus three years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities :