Nautical is building multi-vendor ecommerce technology platform that will power the future economy. We are looking for wave makers interested in having a lasting impact at a funded startup. We are committed to our work and are charging diligently towards our mission to democratize access to marketplace tech.
We are looking for a Senior FP&A Analyst to join our team to work with the CFO and implement Nautical’s financial analysis and planning functions. The FP&A Analyst will play a key role in helping the Company succeed by facilitating better decision-making on a timely basis. You will own the process and output for the collection, analysis and management of quantitative financial and operational data from Nautical’s operating systems. The development of rigorous, repeatable processes to deliver analytical insights to decision-makers on a regular basis in a fast-paced environment is critical to Nautical’s success. Equally important is the ability to support each of the Company’s functional areas with ad hoc analysis needed to evaluate specific commercial opportunities and investment in people to support the Company’s growth.
Nautical has offices in New York and Toronto. We have a flexible work environment, but we value in-person collaboration and will often meet in-office.
- Creating reports for monthly P&L, financial forecasts and ad hoc analysis to support Nautical’s sales & marketing, product development and operations teams
- Analyze cashflow, and profitability, prepare margin analysis reports, and develop and present information in a format applicable to the target audience
- Prepare full SaaS model financial planning and analysis tools to provide support for decision-making
- Creation of monthly revenue data/reports for business units and provide analysis on various trends and provide insight or rationale to operations
- Develop financial models and analysis to support operational initiatives, human and capital investment plans, analyzing ROI and profitability to identify improvement plans
- Develop a KPI dashboard with the C-suite and a rigorous and repeatable process to update KPIs on a monthly or intra-month basis as appropriate
- Produce Board of Directors package on a monthly basis to keep the board informed and support quarterly board meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus
- 3+ years of work experience with a SaaS software company and a background that includes financial analysis, reconciliations and accounting
- A self-starter with the ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple deadlines
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and adjust as required by the operational needs of the business
Beyond the Skills
- You are committed to people. At Nautical, we are radically human. We make everything about people: our technology, decisions, interactions, and product are rooted in the power of being human first.
- You are honestly humble. We proceed by leaning into our team, knowing we don't know everything. We listen, make data-driven decisions, and communicate openly.
- You are customer-centric. We are customer focused because acting in the interest of our customers is always the right choice.
- You are solution-oriented. We leave our egos at the door and focus on solving problems. We are okay with being wrong to make sure the product is right.
- You are passionately different. We believe in the strength of diversity, embracing different perspectives and cultures to improve our community and our decision quality.
Powered by JazzHR