Do you have a passion for hospitality and food? Do you want to join a team where you can show off your skills, learn new tricks, and be mentored by amazing leaders? Are you looking for a home where you can grow your career? If the answer is yes, then you are in the right place, and we would love to meet you.
Who We Are
Denny's has been proudly serving local customers for over 40 years, and we are continuing to grow with the right people! With over 70 restaurants across Canada, you can visit your local Denny's to understand the secret of its success: employees who enjoy flexible hours, benefit programs, competitive wages, a fun-filled atmosphere, and opportunities to grow.
Benefits & Perks
- Development opportunities, including a GM mentorship program, as well as leadership seminars and career development plans for all managers
- Flexible hours
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (counselling, wellness services, etc.)
- Medical insurance for full-time employees
- Dental insurance for full-time employees
- Life insurance for full-time employees
- Meal discounts
- Employee discounts with Sandman Hotel Group, Moxie's Grill & Bar, Chop Steakhouse & Bar, Shark Club Sports Bar & Grill, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, YYOGA, TELUS, Dell, Kal Tire, Soft Moc, Park n Fly, Serta Mattresses, and more!
- Competitive wages
- Tip out
What We Are Hiring
As a Service Assistant, you will help maintain the interior and exterior of the restaurant, adhere to sanitation procedures and anticipate the needs of our guests. You will be responsible for all duties related to dishwashing and maintaining general cleanliness of the common areas. Our goal is to provide total guest satisfaction.
Our team is made up of committed, caring, and energetic individuals who make every Denny's location the great and diverse place it is.
What You'll Do
- You will clean dishes and utensils and all common areas by following Denny's procedures
- You will maintain product storage in a safe and efficient manner for use (by shelf dates)
- You will maintain food safety by following our safety procedures
- You will ensure high quality of cleanliness, sanitation, and food safety for our guests
- You will help Denny's achieve our mission by adhering to Denny's Brand Standards and internal policies and procedures
- You will perform other duties as required or assigned
Who You Are
- You have basic knowledge of Work Safe and chemical product handling procedures
- You are a team player, collaborative and attentive
- You can lift and carry supplies and equipment up to 50 lbs
- You can stand and walk throughout a 4 to 8 hour shift
- You must be able to legally work in Canada (as a citizen, resident or holding other current and valid work permit)
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker. Applications will not be accepted via email or in person. We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with Dencan Restaurants Inc., however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Dencan Restaurants Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Dencan Restaurants Inc does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Dencan Restaurants Inc. takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code.