JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
Join a team where you are more than just a number. Alliance Door Products prides itself on caring for and developing our people. You will be part of a family-friendly work environment. Become part of a group of people who have your back and truly enjoy what they do.
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
ORDER PICKER/WAREHOUSE MATERIAL HANDLER
ROLE: This role is responsible for supporting all receiving and warehouse requirements through good material handling practices and processes to effectively meet customer needs and expectations.
Pay Range: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour depending on experience (inclusive of a $2.00/hour shift premium)
SHIFT: Tuesday to Thursday 3:00pm to 1:30am, Friday 2:30pm to 1:00am (must be able to commit to a permanent PM shift)
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES included but not limited to:
- Support all warehouse and material handling functions and duties with accuracy and diligence.
- Participate and support the warehouse in good housekeeping practices.
- Maintain quality and productivity in a fast-paced warehouse environment, with frequent interruptions and minimal supervision.
- Work with small power-tools, pneumatic tools and vinyl strapping tools
- Pick and pack product in a narrow aisle environment.
- Load and unload both Flat Deck and Closed Trailers.
- Come to understand basic computer functions related to shipping and receiving requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Our ideal candidate comes with the following skills:
- Forklift experience preferred but not required (will train)
- Physically fit and able to safely lift, pull and push up to 50 lbs. during an entire shift
- Ability to confidently load and unload both flat deck and closed trailers
- Good vision and depth perception
- Ability to address workplace situations in a calm, respectful, positive and productive manner
- Comfortable with small power-tools, pneumatic tools and vinyl strapping tools
- Excellent communication skills: listening, verbal and written in the English language
- Ability to maintain effectiveness (quality) and efficiency (productivity) in a fast-paced warehouse environment, with frequent interruptions and with minimal supervision
- Attention to accuracy and detail with strong organizational skills
- Mathematical aptitude
- Production driven while maintaining high safety and quality standards
- Ability for overtime as required to complete department requirements
- One or more years of warehouse material handling experience
- Both Forklift and Reach Truck certification (experience without certification would be considered)
- Experience in shipping and receiving principles and documentation
- Able to work in a team environment
- Regular and Consistent Attendance
- Competitive Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance after 90 days of full-time employment)
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits
- RRSP Program (after 90 days of employment)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Clean and safe environment
MORE ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
We are an equal opportunity employer and one of North America's leading distributors of high-quality door products. The great service and products we deliver are a result of the hard work and talent of our exceptional team. We work very hard to hire the best team members who share our core values in respect for all people, integrity in every situation, and quality in everything we do. A supportive team with diverse backgrounds and career experiences from all around the world strengthens who we are and provides many opportunities for continuous growth and development within our Company.