As an Analytics Data Engineer for Hitachi’s Azure Cloud Enablement Team you will be responsible to deliver high quality modern data solutions while being part of a dynamic and fast-growing team consisting of endless opportunities.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, passionate individual who strives to be the best at what he/she does and creates a trail of ecstatic Customers for life. This person will love to learn, contribute to the team and wants to be part of something great.
Knowledge and Experience
- Hands-on experience with the Azure Data Platform (Data Factory, Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Blob Storage, SQL DB, Analysis Services)
- Data quality (profiling, cleansing, enriching)
- Data Modeling – including design from conceptual to logical to physical data models
- Considered to be an expert in T-SQL
- Hands-on experience with MPP database technologies such as Azure SQL DW, Teradata Netezza, etc.
- Experience with multiple components listed, required:
- Power BI including DAX
- Database migration from legacy systems to new solutions
- Interpreted languages (i.e. python, C-sharp, Java, Scala, etc.)
- D365FO / CE experience as it pertains to data extraction
- Knowledge of Cap Theorum and Distributed Database Management Systems, iis considered an asset.
- Opportunity for a career path into a Data Scientist role if desired
Required skills / qualifications
- Proven ability to engage customers to understand customer challenges and needs to develop technical solutions
- 3+ years of hands on experience working with the Azure Platform and its relevant components
- Proven experience of architecting Azure services into a solution platform on Microsoft Azure for Analytics
- Minimum 5 years hands on development experience with ELT/ETL using MS SQL Server, Oracle or similar RDBMS Platform
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau etc.)
- Experience or desire to coach, mentor and provide leadership to team members
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Business, Computer Science or a related discipline;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prepared for domestic and US travel as required
- Preferred considered an asset, NOT required:
- Project management experience
- Databricks and Spark SQL
- Previous Consulting experience
· Medical and Dental Benefit Package (including Long Term and Short Term Disability)
· Base salary plus targeted bonus package
This position can be based anywhere in Canada, though travel might be required.