CHATTERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP
Do you enjoy working in the hair and beauty industry? Do have a knack for learning about new products and knowing how to be ahead of the market trends? Do you have category management experience? If you have a creative mindset and a passion for hair products and accessories, a strong understanding in inventory management, and have experience in supplier negotiations, then we want to hear from you!
Chatters is the leading retailer of beauty hair products in Canada with over 6000 product choices to meet our customers needs. Proudly Canadian owned with over 115 locations across Canada, we strive to make our valued guests look and feel their best. We have an immediate opening for a resourceful and outgoing Category Manager to join our dynamic team.
This position will report into our Director, Category Management and will be based out of our Head Office in the Greater Toronto Area, ON. This position is part of a category management team responsible for the overall selection, purchasing, allocation and inventory management of specific professional brands.
A little about the role responsibilities:
- Work within a team to support and execute an overall successful Category Management strategy.
- Within assigned brands, manage new product launches, inventory levels across Canada, with key focus on managing costs, pricing and product exit strategies.
- Reporting on inventory levels, margins, productivity, sales, incentives, product performance, brand results.
- Inventory and brand management, supplier meetings, forecasting, flow inventory, backorders, returns, shortages, discontinued products, price changes, supplier relations and new brands.
- Working in collaboration with merchandising, marketing, finance and warehouse teams, supporting brand focus, product education, symposium, sample coordination, and E-Commerce.
A little about you:
- You are resourceful, energetic and a self-motivated professional that enjoys all aspects of Category Management.
- You have a solid understanding of retail merchandising and a strong business acumen in order to evaluate, create and make recommendations on an effective strategy.
- Post secondary education in Supply Chain Management, Business or Merchandising diploma.
- Three (3) years related experience in a similar role (Beauty industry experience an asset).
- Experience with multiple locations and product line retail concepts.
- Strong computer skills and experience with MS Office and ERP inventory control software for reporting.
- You have the ability to effectively communicate at all levels and can work effectively in a high-paced team environment.
A little about Us:
We believe that great employees deserve great benefits.
- Chatters employee benefit offerings include things like discounted products and services, medical and dental, employer RRSP contributions and endless opportunities to learn and grow.
If you’re someone who is looking for a fast-paced environment and not afraid of a little hard work, please apply directly to this posting.
Feel free to check out our website to learn more about us at: https://www.chatters.ca
Powered by JazzHR