Headquartered in Delta, British Columbia, the Swiss Water Decaffeinated Coffee Company (SWDCC)is a premium decaffeinator of specialty green coffee. The process is 100% chemical free using water and our proprietary carbon technology to extract caffeine. This results in green coffee beans that are 99.9%caffeine-free, ready to be roasted by leading coffee roasters and brand owners throughout the world.
We are an innovative, growing and socially conscious company where every employee contributes to our success. We pride ourselves on knowing coffee. All employees are provided the opportunity to learn about coffee and are encouraged to participate in our daily coffee cuppings, where we sample a variety of coffees for quality control purposes. If you love coffee, want to work in a dynamic growing company, and have strong work ethic, we want to hear from you!
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the overall equipment maintenance of the decaffeination plant and effectively implementing the maintenance plan.
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manger
- Diagnoses and maintains all process systems, including those controlled by programmable controllers, micro-processors and micro-computers, and the mechanical, electrical, hydraulic pneumatic, electronic functions of such systems.
- Installs, constructs, inspects, alters, repairs, replaces, services, tests and calibrates mechanical, electrical and electronic parts and/or components of such systems to specified tolerance defined in manuals, drawings or gained from operational experience.
- Provides effective, efficient and timely troubleshooting services, repairs and adjustments to all process systems.
- Performs equipment overhauls, repairs and re-assemblies to specified tolerances.
- Maintains the work site and shop in a clean, safe, orderly fashion and carries out all work assignments in a safe manner.
- Documents work activities, orders parts and materials as required and maintains all machine and parts
- Maintains documentation of PLC programs and electrical drawings.
- Carries out preventative maintenance on all process systems. Manages and maintains PM records.
- Conforms to all company GMP, HACCP, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Performs other related or miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Coordination of the necessary outside resources for maintenance purposes.
Physical Effort: This position requires a significant amount of walking and standing. A high degree of manual dexterity is required to carry out all necessary duties.
Environment: Duties occur in various environments from Maintenance Technicians office to process control room to process floors and exterior settings. This position will be exposed to noise, dust, hazardous chemicals and green coffee dust.
Sensory Attention: There is a constant need for a high degree of concentration and attention
Mental Stress: The pressure generated from occasional emergency situations is very high. However, moderate stress is constant from various operational and duty responsibilities. This position requires a very self-managed and self-directed individual. Occasional disruption of family and social life is incurred.
- Must hold a valid B.C. or Interprovincial Trades Qualification Certificate or in an appropriate trade such as Electrical or Industrial Instrumentation.
- Must be experienced and have had formal training in the installation and programming of programmable logic controllers and DCS systems.
- Must possess excellent basic mechanical skills including electro/mechanical and electro/pneumatic experience.
- Must be fully conversant with drawings and equipment designed to Imperial and Metric standards.
- Must be able to repair complicated systems using own initiative.
- Must be able to operate as part of a production team, with minimal supervision.
- Must possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to lift/move required materials.
EDUCATION: BC or Interprovincial Trades Qualification Certificate, as identified with Red Seal and a valid apprenticeship served.
Preferred Experience: Food production, chemical manufacturing, oil and gas related experience is an asset as is a valid forklift and scissor lift license. Familiarity with PLC and DeltaV programming is preferred.
Powered by JazzHR