Basic Purpose :
The Technician is responsible for installation / management of structured cabling, coaxial cabling, wireless access points, network hardware, telephony systems, inside and outside plant fiber optic splicing, terminating and testing.
Major Responsibilities and Duties (to fulfill major purpose) :
1. Installation of structured cabling, coaxial cabling, wireless access points, network hardware, telephony systems, inside and outside plant fiber optic splicing, terminating and testing.
2. Installation and completion of aerial drop cables, OSP, and PSP cables both copper and fiber.
3. Onsite responsibilities for physically installing cable distribution systems including installations of outlets, pulling cables, pre-termination and labeling according to industry standards.
4. Terminate, assemble and install various connectors and patch panels.
5. Terminate, test, and label all sizes of Multi-pair copper cables.
6. Accurately test cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test and equipment as required.
7. Diagnose and correct cable problems.
8. Ensure removal of abandoned cable and clean-up of work sites.
9. Competently interpret floor plan layouts and work closely with Helix IT project managers, and projects coordinators as designated by management to proactively resolve potential issues, questions, or concerns between the floor plans and the actual site conditions.
10. Competently read, understand and complete the work scopes. Be able to discern between committed work and extra work or change orders.
Track, document and relay to project management or project coordinators any additional work or change orders over and above the original scope of work
11. Manage junior and intermediate technical staff on job sites and provide support and training on installing all copper cabling systems and fiber optic cabling systems to industry standards.
12. Onsite responsibilities to physically perform the installation, termination, splicing, testing and troubleshooting of both inside and outside plant fiber optic cabling.
13. Obtain job numbers prior to each job.
14. Preparing and submitting information for invoicing of projects for entry into the accounting system.
15. Submitting cost entries by direct reports for use of inventory.
16. Ensure all time is submitted through TSheets on time.
17. Ensure to submit all expense reports on time.
18. Conduct routine testing on all equipment.
19. Inspect all equipment for wear and damage.
20. Maintain safe working conditions within the company by ensuring that all associates and contractors follow Health and Safety policies and procedures.
21. Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required :