As a leading global technology solutions provider to the investment management industry, Confluence helps clients solve complex investment data challenges across the front, middle and back office. From innovative portfolio analytics to regulatory and financial reporting solutions, Confluence invests in the latest technology and data and in its team of industry experts to meet the evolving needs of asset managers and service providers. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 40 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
Are you passionate about IT Infrastructure? Do you have extensive knowledge about Cisco devices and technologies? Are you an all-around strong technologist?
Our clients count on us to hire people who have the confidence to question the status-quo, the insight to find new approaches to old problems and the persistence to push ideas and transform solutions. Confluence is a global leader in data-driven managed investment solutions. Eight of the top 10 global service providers license Confluence products and all the top 10 global asset managers have business processes automated using Confluence products. If you think differently about technology and are motivated by what others see as impossible, we want to meet you.
As a member of the Confluence Information Technology Team, the “Senior IT Infrastructure Specialist, Networking” is responsible for implementation, maintenance and operation of the IT Network and controls in accordance with business policies and compliance requirements of this role. This role is extremely hands-on with advanced enterprise technologies, you will also be required to provide mentorship to the entire IT team.
- Working with the IT Infrastructure Team to deliver a standardized infrastructure strategy.
- Ownership of the global network, including capacity planning, implementing, monitoring, , and maintaining Networking devices and the associated documentation and procedures.
- Ensure Networking devices are maintained and kept up to date with security patches and other proactive maintenance.
- Monitor and troubleshoot infrastructure issues, including performance, connectivity, and availability issues escalated from the IT Service Desk or IT Product Support teams, or detected by monitoring software.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an inventory of all digital assets, including identifying asset owners and custodians, and appropriate diagrams and documentation of all critical components.
- Mentor team members.
- Document new processes and update existing documentation where applicable.
- Physical Datacentre management and maintenance. (Travel may be required)
- VMware infrastructure management and operations.
- Server infrastructure management and operations; Windows server and *nix.
- Minimum of five years in similar IT System Administration role with Cisco and networking focus, ideally in an ASP or large enterprise environment.
- Cisco Certification considered an asset (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE)
- Deep working knowledge and experience managing and implementing Cisco technologies across their portfolio of offerings, including but not limited to routers, switches (Nexus, IOS), firewalls (ASA, Firepower), Unified Computing System (UCS), Identity Services Engine (ISE), AnyConnect VPN, wireless, etc.
- Experience with Networking and TCP/IP theories and dynamic routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP
- Experience with WAN technologies including MPLS, P2P, site to site VPN, SD-WAN, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP and best practices for Cisco and general Networking
- Experience managing Windows and Linux servers.
- Knowledge of Devops tools; Terraform, Github, Chef, etc. considered is desirable.
- System administration experience with Cisco UCS, VMware, Nutanix, or NetApp is desirable.
- Working knowledge of key technologies, especially as they relate to network integration and troubleshooting, including NetApp storage systems, VMware, Nutanix, Citrix NetScaler load balancers, Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, or similar technologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and without supervision on large scale IT projects with various stakeholders.
- Able to write clear and precise technical documentation.
- Flexible work arrangements can be discussed.
Other duties will be assigned as the above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position
We are committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, gender, religion or ethnic origin and we give full and fair consideration to the employment and career development of disabled persons, commensurate with their aptitudes and abilities.
To understand how and why we hold your data please view the relevant Privacy Statement:
Powered by JazzHR