FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
Sales and Customer Satisfaction
1. Demonstrates company values and guiding principles with both customers and Associates.
2. Responsible for meeting store sales goals, Chico's FAS Canada, Co. Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and budgets.
3. Consistently sets an enthusiastic example in closing the sale. Adheres to customer satisfaction policies and procedures.
4. Projects a professional, fashionable image and appearance at all times.
5. Knowledgeable of Brand products and assortments (i.e., fit and fabric). Communicates this information to customers and Associates effectively.
6. Positively communicates individual Associate and overall store level KPIs, promotions, and incentives to store staff.
7. Provides regular performance feedback to Associates. Coaches, trains and develops Associates to meet and exceed Company Standards.
8. Capable of performing on the sales floor, making and closing sales. Builds clientele through booked appointments. Ensures sales are maximized and returns are seen as an opportunity for additional sales.
9. Ensures the Recognition Board is maintained and up-to-date.
10. Responsible for the understanding and achievement of Company sponsored community outreach goals
Cash / Inventory Management
1. Ensures register / point of sale (POS) transactions are processed accurately and in accordance with Company policies.
2. Ensures store financial activities are performed effectively and in accordance with Company policies, including cash handling and reporting, price changes, and merchandise handling.
3. Ensures the cash wrap is organized and efficiently operating at all times
4. Prepares and oversees physical inventories, ensuring Company processes are followed accurately.
5. Monitors open receipts and follows up as needed.
6. Ensures timely entry of Receiving documents.
General Store Operations
1. Maintains safety requirements to ensure safe working and shopping environments.
2. Maintains supplies at a consistent and appropriate level while controlling expenses.
3. Manages controllable expenses within company guidelines (i.e., payroll, pay outs, etc.)
4. Flexible / available in the event of scheduling conflicts or store, mall, Associate and customer emergencies
5. Reports maintenance issues to Store Facilities / Maintenance Departments.
6. Ensures retrieval / receipt of NSSC communications via BOSS system, email, store mail pack, and voice mail. Follows-up accordingly.
7. Utilizes the materials and is able to perform all functions within the Store Operations, Human Resources and Asset Protection Reference Manuals.
8. Ensures tub flow files, binders, and documents are maintained per Operations Reference Manual.
9. Ensures housekeeping activities, including organization of the back room and bathroom, are maintained and clean.
10. Reviews the Stores Handbook, taking necessary action to comply with Company policies and guidelines.
11. Ensures all incoming and outgoing shipments are processed. Uses visual merchandising standards to place shipments.
12. Ensures stock is processed as necessary to ensure a full presentation of goods on the floor at all times.
13. Maintains regular and timely communication with the District Sales Manager, including : all aspects and needs of the business, product feedback, operations, HR, and LP.
Prepares weekly and monthly reports for recap.
14. Performs all other duties and responsibilities as directed by Management.
1. Protects store funds, store property, and Associates' property by training and enforcing loss prevention Guiding Principles, policies, procedures, and controls.
2. Communicates all loss prevention related issues / incidents to the District Sales Manager in a timely manner (i.e. unsecured doors, suspected theft, customer / associate injury, etc.).
3. Oversees associate transactions and ensures compliance with company guidelines.
4. Maintains burglar alarm system, if applicable.
5. Controls and manages all damaged merchandise.
6. Reviews the relevant information in Asset Protection Manual regularly, taking necessary action to comply with all company policies and standards.
Visual Presentation / Store Maintenance
1. Maintains a well organized, clean and neat store appearance.
2. Conducts and updates floor sets in accordance with the visual guidelines, ensuring the visual impact of the entire store is maintained.
3. Conducts a minimum of one merchandising walk through per week with the Assistant Sales Managers.
4. Ensures merchandise is properly placed and replenished
5. Teaches Associates visual guiding principles to ensure a visually appealing store is maintained at all times
Human Resources Management
1. Recruits, screens, hires, trains, develop, motivate, supervise, and counsels Assistant Sales Managers and Sales Associates with the partnership of the District Sales Manager.
2. Prepares and conducts Associate performance appraisals and evaluations in accordance with Company guideline.
3. Conducts a 90-day Introductory Period Evaluation on all Associates.
4. Prepares weekly schedules and monitors payroll to establish proper floor coverage.
5. Reviews Associate time sheets / records and other payroll documentation to verify completeness, legibility, accuracy of hours worked and payroll used.
Ensures payroll is entered in timely and correct manner.
6. Prepares, directs, and participates in weekly store management and Associate staff meetings.
7. Communicates any Associate concerns or issues to the District Sales Manager and partners with Associate Relations / Human Resources as needed.
8. Ensures all new hire paperwork is complete and timely. Ensures regular maintenance and confidentiality of all Associate files.
9. Ensures compliance with the Stores Handbook guidelines, policies and procedures.
10. Practices effective leadership and portrays a positive team attitude.
1. Possess a working knowledge of the POS system, and apply visual standards consistently.
2. Utilizes all training tools to ensure effective and timely deliver training. Consistently reinforces training via role-play and examples.
3. Teaches and upholds guiding principles and procedures as outlined in Operations, Human Resources, and Asset Protection reference manuals
4. Encourages and coaches Assistant Sales Managers in developing their managerial and leadership skills. Maintains continuity in day-
to-day relationships with all store Associates.
1. High School diploma or equivalent educational certification.
2. A minimum of 2 or more years of retail store management experience required. Specialty, fashion store experience preferred.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Possesses excellent customer service skills, with a proven track record in all areas of sales and sales management.
5. Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
6. Established track record in recruiting and retaining a quality sales and support staff.
7. Excellent leadership qualities, training and team building skills.
8. Passion and a sense of urgency for driving and achieving results.
9. Detailed knowledge of store operations and administrative processes.
10. Effective at standing, walking and moving around the sales floor and stockrooms.
11. Understands how to operate registers / POS devices.
12. Is capable of lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs., climbing, reaching, and / or pushing or pulling as required to meet responsibilities.
13. Available to work a flexible work schedule as required, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
14. Can meet requirements for regular on-the-job attendance to ensure appropriate management coverage. The Store Manager must be present and punctual for all assigned schedules.
15. Must possess a valid Canadian Passport and be able to travel to the U.S.A. on a periodic basis.
16. Certification by the Ontario Ministry of Labour on part 1 and 2 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) Work-
Specific Hazard Training preferred.
Due to our growth, we are always accepting applications for top talent to join our store teams. When we do have an open position, we will review your application to determine if your qualifications are a match with our position requirements.
You may apply to any location or position at any time; however, the position to which you apply may not currently be open.
Accommodation is available to applicants for employment with disabilities. To request accommodation during the application process, please call 1-
800 - 608-4528 for assistance.