Reports to: Projects and Engineering Manager
Schedule: Daytime Hours (7.00am - 3.30pm)
Location: Abbotsford, BC
We are looking for an Controls Specialist to join our Projects team! This position is responsible for programming, installation, troubleshooting, and the start-up of new and modified food processing equipment. The Automation Technologist should have experience in designing and troubleshooting electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic industrial systems, as well as controls wiring.
The Controls Specialist will work in a multi-team environment alongside Engineering and Production as required. Someone filling this position is expected to understand the principles and theories of Industrial Electrical Panels, PLC and HMI programming, electrical/mechanical design, and troubleshooting. You will work collaboratively with the design, engineering, and production teams, as well as maintenance and quality assurance, to continuously improve equipment, systems, and facilities engaged in the development and production of One Degree’s innovative products.
You will be involved in commissioning, testing, and programming of automation, instrumentation, and control systems as well as preventive maintenance and repair services of a variety of industrial automation equipment, including, but not limited to PLCs, HMIs, Sensors, VFDs, Industrial Networking.
You will be a great fit if you are a friendly and hardworking team player who is eager to take on new challenges! This role is physically challenging as you will be working in a fast-paced environment that involves repetitive tasks, bending, crouching, lifting, and standing for extended periods. However, this allows you to work in a friendly and supportive environment where your work has a direct and positive impact on how we create delicious, plant-based products!
Here is who you are…
Drive & motivation
· You are a hard worker with the willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
· You are a positive and optimistic team player who strives for excellence
· You are passionate about Automation and Industrial Controls
· You are self-motivated to solve problems and understand how things work
· You are passionate about healthy living and have values that align with One Degree
Character & Abilities
· You are super organized and pay extra attention to details
· You can make sound and safe judgement
· You are willing to shift priorities and tasks when necessary to drive the project forward
· You are flexible in responding to challenges as changes occur
· You are mechanically inclined with excellent mathematical abilities
· You are able to deliver work up to all applicable codes on time and quality
· You can demonstrate independent judgment in the realistic planning, prioritization, and execution of projects, assignments, and communications
Skills & experience
· Diploma, certification, or degree in Electrical/Automation/Mechatronics Engineering
· Minimum 3 years hands-on experience working with industrial automation equipment (installation and commissioning)
· Must have minimum 3 years of PLC and HMI programming experience with a focus on Rockwell software (Studio 5000, RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000 and FTView Studio)
· Design and configuration of Allen Bradley PLC platforms (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, MicroLogix), Remote I/O
· Experience with VFD and Servo drives (wiring and programming)
· Working knowledge of MCCs
· On-hands experience with a variety of sensors (temperature, pressure, distance, level)
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems and TCP/IP networking
· Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings
· Proficiency in AutoCad Electrical
· Ability to troubleshoot a variety of electrical and mechanical problems.
· PLC programming and HMI design (Rockwell Software)
· Participate in the sourcing, pricing, installation, testing and maintenance of production equipment and automated machinery.
· Commission automated equipment relating to food processing (conveyors, augers, dryers, packaging machines, silos, cyclones, etc.)
· Demonstrate the ability to work hands on and understand the fundamentals of electrical and mechanical systems.
· Provide technical support to operations relating to automation and controls for troubleshooting production equipment, coordinating efforts, and expediting repairs.
· Modification and troubleshooting of existing automated production equipment
· Creating and updating electrical drawings using AutoCAD
· Travel between multiple manufacturing facilities as necessary
· Monitor and improve the efficiency, output, and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical and operating personnel.
· Coordinate with cross-functional departments (Engineering, Operations, Quality, etc.) to ensure equipment effectiveness and reliability.
· Install and configure appropriate hardware and software options.
- · Identify process improvement opportunities.
Powered by JazzHR