Salary Range $1,431.62 - $1,712.08 Temporary Market Stipend Incumbent Hours of Work Regulated 36 hours (5 / 4 work pattern) Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay
72 hours biweekly.
Posting Status Open Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is a temporary vacancy per article 1.48.
Job Duties / Qualifications, Skills and Abilities(QSA)
Job Duties Job Duties
1. Provide in depth, current and accurate information regarding the program to the general public, potential students, applicants, students, Saskatchewan Polytechnic faculty and staff, external institutions and agencies regarding admission requirements, policies and procedures, program content, clinical operations, and student practicums.
2. Provide administrative support to the dental assisting program including the clinical support staff, faculty and program head.
3. Assist with the preparation and delivery of manuals, course packs, examinations and other materials as needed for students enrolled in the dental assisting program.
4. Accurately type, photocopy, and distribute documents that may include timetables, correspondence, proposals, information package etc.
5. Track and record student information including grades, attendance, first aid / CPR certification, and any other information as required.
6. Maintain a comprehensive filing system (both electronic and manual).
7. Coordinate practicum experiences for dental assisting students.
8. Arrange meetings, draft agendas, accurately record, transcribe and distribute minutes.
9. Assist with the transportation of school children to the Saskatchewan Polytechnic dental clinic.
10. Assist with the scheduling of classes and relief instructors.
11. When required provide relief for proctoring.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE Specific Accountabilities Duties Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
1. Grade 12 plus a recognized office education certificate / diploma or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. Training and / or experience at the intermediate level in the use of common software packages, i.e. MS Office Suite.
3. Knowledge of common office procedures.
4. Minimum one year recent and relevant experience performing administrative and clerical work.
5. Training and / or experience in minute taking and transcribing minutes.
6. Effective interpersonal skills.
7. Effective communication skills.
8. Effective organizational skills.
9. Effective proofreading skills.
10. Ability to work independently under generalized supervision.
11. Demonstrates valuing diversity.
Desired QSA Required Competencies