We are looking for Woodlands Operations Supervisors (transportation - road) for our Val-d’Or Regional Office in Quebec.
Reporting to the Woodland Superintendent, the successful candidate will be responsible to manage harvesting contractors in order to achieve Company objectives in terms of Health & Safety, considerations for budget and operations schedules, quality of wood supply delivered to the mill and respect of corporate policies.
- Daily supervision of contractor operations, including log hauling and road building.
- Ensure the compliance with Health & Safety work and environment policies.
- Ensure the application of work procedures put in place by the Company.
- Ensure quality of wood supply to the mill as well as the respect of forest management standards.
- All other related tasks.
- Sense of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Proof of creativity and ability to constantly innovate.
- Communications and interpersonal skills.
- Actions and results focused.
- Ability to adapt and manage priorities.
- Professionalism, integrity, judgement and rigor.
- Client relations.
- Hold a diploma in forestry or a related field, or the equivalent.
- Relevant experience in road transport (wood transportation and/or road construction), the trucking industry or as a contractor for forestry equipment will be considered.
- Have a minimum of relevant experience in forest operations management.
- Have an understanding of legislation, policies, regulations and issues applicable to the forestry business.
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather and terrain conditions.
- Valid drive License (class 5).
- Fluency in French, English is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite is an asset.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation.