Since 1988, Distributel connects Canadians to the people, passion, and priorities that matter. By constantly challenging ourselves to simplify, add utility, and humanize the ways people do business with us, we will create a valuable experience for our customers in every way.
Join an award-winning organization in its mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
- Vancouver, BC
- 1-year term with possibility of being extended
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Responsible for Work Order Management and maintenance of all attendant files and databases; booking technicians and contractors for all install, repair, pre-fields, trouble calls, and all other work that field techs or Contractors might undertake. Tracks and monitors service levels, including day to day loading of techs and contractors. Develops, analyzes and reports on business metrics within the Field Services team.
The Dispatch Coordinator act as a control desk, performing a primary liaison function with maintenance contract customers who require direct access to the Network Operations group. Verification of all contractor invoices against work order slips.
- Book, dispatch and track service orders and troubles. Direct workforce and contractors based on workload and customer requirements to ensure optimum loading.
- Receive and handle work requests on a demand basis and dispatch field techs as required.
- Deals with external contractors and accounts payable in relation to invoicing for work performed.
- Ensures work slips, materials and technical resources are on site for service delivery date; Carrier facilities have been Provisioned -- Analyze Work Orders prior to start date to determine that all facilities are ready for assignment.
- Verify order status (open, pending, complete, etc.).
- Rescheduling resources as required due to delays.
- Follow up with provisioning, customers and technical resources.
- Collect all data for orders such as date completed, technician hours, travel and expenses to ensure order documentation is complete for reporting and invoicing purposes.
- Receive, create, dispatch and finalize customer trouble reports.
- Monitor and Track Personnel locations.
- Prioritizes, reassigns and reschedules jobs, techs and due dates. Establishes mutually agreed upon solutions with internal and external customers. Escalates to management when necessary.
- Tracks and escalates troubles.
- Updates team schedule.
- Maintains site security procedures ie ASSA key inventory.
- Administer Site databases.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database experience as specified in the posting.
- Thorough knowledge of personal computers and various software applications.
- General knowledge of Visio.
- Ability to interpret data, provide customer solutions and understand applied technology.
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Keyboarding skills 40 wpm.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Diploma/Certificate in electronic/computer technology or Business Administration with one year in a technical related support role OR 2 years in a technical related support role.
HERE’S WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
Experience a wealth of opportunities that only a growing company can offer by joining a dynamic team that’s vigilantly working together towards reshaping the telecommunications landscape.
- The heart and soul of our compensation program is built from the foundation of our vision, mission and values.
- Industry-leading Corporate Medical and Dental benefits program, in addition to many other perks that make Distributel a great place to work.
- RRSP contributions.
- We promote work-life balance with generous PTO.
- We provide a great work environment with organized social events.
- You’ll have opportunities for growth & development.
- We have great downtown locations and amazing people.
Distributel connects Canadians to the people, passion, and priorities that matter. Join us in our mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
Diversity and inclusion are important at Distributel. We appreciate the uniqueness of all individuals and believe that our differences are what make us stronger. Distributel is committed to providing a workplace that ensures equal opportunities, development, and advancement for all.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION?
Your application is placed in our candidate pool. When there are job openings, a search will be conducted in the candidate pool. If your application matches the manager’s search criteria, you may be contacted for a pre-screen interview.
Due to high volumes of applications and to ensure a fair selection process, a random selection of applicants meeting all criteria for a job may be used, therefore not all applicants who submit an application will be contacted.
Diversity and inclusion are important at Distributel. We appreciate the uniqueness of all individuals and believe that our differences are what make us stronger. Distributel is committed to providing a work workplace that ensures equal opportunities, development, and advancement for all current and future employees.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com.
We are accepting applications and conducting telephone/video interviews. To ensure the safety of our staff we are following all Public Health Safety requirements. Social Distancing is mandatory.
Please be advised that we currently require any persons working in our workplaces to be fully vaccinated. As a Federally regulated company, any legislation regarding mandatory vaccination for Federally regulated companies will apply to us and our workforce, and that would then include our permanent remote workers as well (Contact Centers). If the legislation which is currently contemplated comes into force, ALL our employees will be required to self-report on their vaccination status and provide verifying documentation. Should you require medical or religious accommodation related to vaccination, there will be a process to apply for an exemption
Powered by JazzHR