Do you have a willingness, availability and desire to travel extensively? Do you enjoy using tools and working with your hands? If you are an adrenaline junkie seeking an exciting and rewarding opportunity - we have an opportunity for you at Hulcher Services!
Hulcher Services Inc. has been a recognized leader in the train derailment emergency response, track construction, rail cargo transfer services and environmental emergency response services industry for over 40 years.
Candidates will be responsible for transporting, operating and servicing heavy equipment used in clearing railroad derailments and debris. Company will provide training to obtain CDL although a Class A CDL license is highly desirable
Perks of the position:
- · Full time employees are guaranteed 40 hours a week with high potential for overtime earnings. Most employees are earning $80k+/year
- · Any work done outside of 8-5 is paid at time and a half
- · Travel pay with room AND meals paid for
- · Stress pay (in addition to Vacation/PTO)
- · Aggressive referral bonus program
- · 12 months of work annually … we are not seasonal!
- · Continual training and the opportunity to learn multiple pieces of heavy equipment
- · 9 Paid Holidays
- · Advancement opportunities!
- · Work boot allowance
- · Work for THE leader in our specialized field
- · Supportive and safe environment
- · Weekly Pay
- · Varied work – No day is the same
- . Union Benefits
We have multiple openings for the following positions:
Heavy Equipment Operator
Must be able to obtain a Class A CDL Driver’s License
· Clean driving record required by company driving privileges
· Must be able to reach Hulcher facility within 30 minutes of a call
· Must be able to have the ability to travel in the region frequently, with some out of town jobs last two weeks.
· Must be able to respond as an on call 24/7/365 to deliver our emergency services to our clients
· All work is outdoors and physically demanding must be able to lift and carry chain hooks and slings in excess of 75 pounds
· Drug tests and strenuous background tests are a part of our hiring process.
- Provides ground support for operations
- Drives tractor-trailer or escort vehicles
- Carries, handles and detaches/attaches heavy steel chains, blocks and steel cables, and other devices
- Climbs on and crawls under derailed railroad cars and other equipment
- Cleans, maintains and sets-up equipment requiring use of small and large tools
- Operates cutting torch and welding equipment
- Utilizes various hand and power tools
- Lifts 150 lbs. max with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 lbs.
- Works at elevated heights on railroad cars; bridges, over water, or in water
- Learns hazardous materials handling and precautions
- Maintains required equipment service records
- Assures safekeeping and proper usage of company tools
Powered by JazzHR