The Senior Security Analyst’s key responsibility is to ensure the security, availability and reliability of Cogeco’s IT infrastructure and related applications.
The analyst also ensures implementation of standards, procedures, information systems policies and guidelines to promote the security and effective operation of computer-
based systems. In addition to day-to-day operation, he / she is involved in infrastructure and application related projects to ensure the implementation of resilient, robust, audit compliant and secure infrastructure.
1. Review ongoing / new threats, vulnerabilities, exploits and recommends actions, patches to appropriate groups 2. Ensures and maintains information security procedures in compliance with information security and risk management.
3. Participates in the security configuration during design and build phases of planned project initiatives. 4. Assists in the investigation of security breaches, misuse of computer resources, misuse of internet access, and other violations of information security policies and standards of technology.
5. Assists with the development and documents detailed security procedures for infrastructure components. Ensures security configuration guidelines, standards and checklists are applied during project implementations and production migrations.
6. Coordinates, maintains and tracks the installation of security certificates across various support team members. 7. Coordinates regular and scheduled execution of security scripts on servers and databases to ensure C-
198 security audit compliancy. 8. Ensures and monitors daily backup and recovery of infrastructure components meets security standards.
9. Provides technical support to the application development, architecture, corporate security and infrastructure operations team.
10. Ensure daily operation of firewall, VPN, AV, with respect security risk and mitigation 11. Works closely with IT corporate security team, infrastructure technical subject matter experts, internal and external audit during yearly audit processes.
12. Ensures the infrastructure security patches are applied in a timely manner 13. Managing certificates, helping with PKI process ADD 14.
Subject matter expert in SIEM administration and day to day monitoring ADD 15. Performing security incident handling, showing ownership on security incidents, and post incident analysis ADD 16.
Ensure operating system hardening, providing relevant controls and designing templates with System teams ADD 17. Participate in assessment, evaluation and provide feedback to corporate security team during the upgrade of existing and new security technologies 18.
Consistently strives to full fill Cogeco’s corporate objective to provide excellent service to all customers. 19. Measure and provide security metrics and ensure to meet operational security KPI align with Cogeco security KPI 20.
Other duties and projects as assigned 21. As part of their work, employees must take all necessary measures to ensure their own health and safety, and that of their co-
workers and the public in general. They must use available personal protective equipment at all times, and comply with all Health & Safety instructions, guidelines, policies and procedures issued by the Company.
22. To support Cogeco’s ultimate goal of providing excellent service to current and potential customers, the incumbent must be constantly attentive and responsive to both external and internal customers’ needs and assist in the resolution of any issues or concerns in a timely and professional manner while ensuring that the solution meets the customer’s needs.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS ACADEMIC TRAINING
We strive to build teams which reflects the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.