As a Level Artist at Ubi MTL, you will create captivating 3D environments within an immersive world waiting to be explored. You will be an environment architect, a visual storyteller, and an experience maker wrapped into one.
Be it in a level, side mission, or piece of an open-world map, you assemble and position key elements to deliver impactful visual moments and enhance the player experience. Every asset you carefully place, from a building to a prop, tells a story and evokes an atmosphere and a mood.
Even within a given framework, you can push creative boundaries – and you have the artistic ability to do so. You know how to modify lighting, play around with composition, and add just the right amount of detail to develop a game space with plenty of personality.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with level designers and the art director to discuss and understand game intentions and vision.
- Perform artistic research (find written descriptions and visual references).
- Set up placeholders and submit modelling and texturing requests to artists.
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Integrate and build assets into the game engine to set and dress a polished scene.
- Ensure integrated work is aligned with the artistic direction and makes sense gameplay-wise (test and improve).
What you bring
- A college diploma in 3D Modelling or equivalent
- Around 2-4 years of experience in modelling, texturing, lighting, image processing, or other relevant experience
- Knowledge of 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max or Maya) and optimization techniques
- Understanding of art fundamentals: lighting, composition, colour theory, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Curiosity, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Creativity and a keen eye for detail!
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A portfolio of your best work (attach images or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.