Reporting to the Senior Manager, Project Management Office, the Senior Analyst will play a key role in supporting the project management team in preparing project materials and coordinating activities across the departments and groups involved in the implementation of enterprise programs. This role is a good first step into the Strategy Transformation Team.
The Senior Analyst will assist the team in the following ways:
- Support project managers and director in project execution, including coordinating meetings and workshops, preparing agenda, attending project meetings, documenting meeting outcomes and discussions, and following up on project activities with other departments/groups as required.
- Author of first draft of project documents, take part in preparation of project materials (e.g. Project Charter, meeting pre-read material) and distribute the meeting materials to attendees ahead of time.
- Organize meetings and events relevant to specific projects, including steering committee meetings, offsite. Be involved in designing meetings agendas and facilitate discussion as needed (pre-read materials). Follow up on action items from meetings with various stakeholders.
- Capture notes and action items from project discussions. Own RAID logs and keep detailed documentation from meetings.
- Act as point person for the Program Management Office for resolving and escalating internal and external enquiries as appropriate. Apply good judgement to situations.
- Keep the team on track on its regular commitments, such as FAR biweekly SMD Updates, objective tracking.
- Provide administration and logistical support to the team as needed
- Provide other administrative support, including update portfolio project status, time tracking and SharePoint site administration
The ideal candidate should be:
- Highly organized and ready to take the initiative on tasks, applying foresight and domain knowledge to make sure that tasks are planned for and executed seamlessly.
- Able to create and edit presentations/dashboard and other documents so that they are informative and impactful.
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and speed when completing tasks in a high-performance environment.
- Facilitate and lead smaller meetings independently and capture key information effectively
- Able to apply good judgement to situations, proactively taking the initiative in managing the administrative duties of the team.
- Strengthen project management skills through on the job learning and assignments, augmented by self-taught reading and external courses.
- Able to prioritise their time effectively and manage complex scheduling and time-bounded tasks.
- University degree (i.e. business administration)
- 2-4 years’ experience working in a Project Management environment, with strong understanding of project management methodology.
- PMP is preferred
- Experience in the investment industry is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple initiatives and deliver high quality results under pressure
- Exceptional Word and PowerPoint skills and advanced skills in Excel, good skills in Visio an asset
- Extremely motivated, eager to learn, adaptable and determined
- Proven attention to accuracy and detail
- Communicates clearly and directly (verbal and written)
- Easily liaises and interacts with all types of personalities and at all levels while maintaining professionalism
- Proven ability to work independently as well as to perform effectively in a team oriented environment
- Demonstrated good judgment; professionalism and integrity
- Exemplify our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership, and High Performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-PM1
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.