DFT Technician duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to :
2. Assist, supervise and instruct verbally on proper deployment of target subsystems, attachment of batteries, target boards, loading of different types of Hostile Fire Simulator (HOFS) and any other ancillary equipment being used on exercise.
3. Troubleshooting any problems that may occur during the installation of the equipment.
4. Operate the Target Control Device (TCD), create scenarios and conduct target exposures in accordance with direction from the Officer-In-Charge (OIC) of exercise.
5. Assist the OIC of the exercise with the programming of the exercise as required.
6. Gather hit data, compile results of unit performance and provide hard copy results to the unit commander, as required.
7. Assist in the issue and receipt of the equipment at the Target Maintenance Facility (TMF) to the military user unit.
8. Assist in the maintenance of batteries.
9. Advise the LM Canada Site Manager on the conditions of the ranges, berms and protective pits.
10. Advise the LM Canada Site Manager and user units, as required, of in appropriate practices using the equipment which would have a negative effect on the long term survival of the ITS subsystem.
11. Any other related duties as assigned by the LM Canada Site Supervisor. As per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for DFT ITS
Lockheed Martin Canada, headquartered in Ottawa, is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 98,000 people worldwide, including nearly 1,000 Canadians.
By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 75 years.
We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of major programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-
service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities.
Clearance required for role
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.