Designs and produces maps, charts, signs, diagrams and presentation material using computer-based graphics programs. Coordinates the external production of various transportation wayfinding materials.
Maintains an up-to-date library of graphics files and maps on computer. Liaises with printers and suppliers; provides technical advice regarding the graphics process, and maintains a supply of materials.
Provides technical graphics services to other departments and operating subsidiaries.
Duties & Responsibilities :
1. Performs a variety of functions relating to the in-house production of graphics on a computer, or by hand, including :
a) producing maps, graphs, charts, signs, illustrations, diagrams, etc., from rough drafts or verbal instructions; determining most appropriate format, layout and method of presentation to conform with the wayfinding standard,
b) designing, laying out and preparing various informational materials regarding service changes and other initiatives for public distribution,
c) recommending updates to the wayfinding standard for new products or where otherwise appropriate.
2. Coordinates the external production of various informational materials, including :
a) establishing specifications for printed materials,
b) proofreading various forms of production proofs against original specifications to ensure content and typographical accuracy.
3. Maintains computerized library of graphics files and maps, and creates new graphics and maps as required.
4. Liaises with TransLink enterprise staff, and external agencies, to coordinate the production of transit-related graphic materials, develops options, and selects or provides input regarding selection of successful bidder.
5. Recommends to client departments the most appropriate way to produce required graphic materials for a given project, considering the method, timing and cost options.
6. Troubleshoots problems on graphics software without formal support from IT staff.
7. Orders and maintains supply of graphic materials.
8. Performs related duties as assigned, such being items of a minor nature that do not affect the value of the job.
Requires Grade 12 plus a diploma in graphic arts, including training in graphic software applications.
Requires one (1) year previous experience in graphic design working with various graphics software. A further period of up to twelve (12) months on the job to become familiar with TransLink’s organization, policies and procedures.
Recruitment Process : An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process.
A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
This role creates collateral for our Fleet and In-system Customer Experience department in Marketing. It includes a wide range of work including (but is not limited to) designing station wayfinding signage, in-
station and in-car diagrams and other wayfinding-related products like maps, bus stops and bus shelters or station take-overs, campaigns or environmental design e.
g. customer service centre concepts. Researching, advising on and designing the interior and exterior of our vehicles, updating, maintaining fleet decal & decal positioning packages and livery for our fleet (SkyTrain, SeaBus, Bus, West Coast Express) or creating presentation materials is all part of the work we do with a passion to help improve the customer experience across our system.
Group : 07
Salary starting at $4,545 per month ($27.87 per hour)