Since 1988, Distributel connects Canadians to the people, passion, and priorities that matter. By constantly challenging ourselves to simplify, add utility, and humanize the ways people do business with us, we will create a valuable experience for our customers in every way.
Join an award-winning organization in its mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
- Edmonton, Alberta
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Commercial Product, the Product Manager will be responsible for leading and developing their designated product portfolio, primarily for the medium to enterprise business segments.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for portfolio strategy, new product ideation and development, P&L, and partnering across the organization to ensure our customers have the best customer experience possible. The Product Manager works with engineering and vendors while also partnering with Product, Sales, and Marketing on the day-to-day activities, strategic initiatives, and customer opportunities with a focus on increasing the customer base and enhancing the customer experience.
- Own the business model for all products in portfolio with a view on trend analysis.
- Identify opportunities to drive revenue and margin growth, lower costs, and optimize product performance.
- Direct involvement and P&L oversight of pricing and promotion/offers development.
- Outline and track subscriber and financial forecasting throughout the year.
New Product Introduction
- Develop initial product concept, business case, and rationale for all new products in portfolio.
- Assess options and vendors with internal and external partners.
- Develop customer experience, product, and functional requirements.
- Gain senior management approval and work directly with the PMO on project initiation and execution.
- Work with the extended team on any product migrations between brands/platforms.
- Establish and maintain a long-term and short-term strategic product roadmap.
- Maintain a current competitive analysis view, staying on top of market trends on technology, pricing, and promotion.
- In-depth knowledge and subject matter expert in all aspects of the portfolio.
- Work with internal stakeholders and customers to understand pain points and changing needs.
- Work with internal marketing partners to establish the appropriate go to market programs for product launches and quarterly programs in line with financial planning.
- Ensure all product material is relevant, up to date, and reflective of the core value propositions that will feed into all customer touch points with sales, customer onboarding, customer care, and technical support.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- The ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously and adhere to strict timelines.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and partnering skills.
- This position requires persuasion, influence and/or negotiation with internal and external contacts.
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to work in cross-departmental teams.
- Ability to be persuasive.
- Excellent communication skills (Written, verbal and listening).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent team player.
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to work independently.
- Willing to take initiative.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- University degree in business, engineering, or other technical fields combined with experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience leading Product launches.
- 5+ years B2B experience in a technical and/or business role.
- Substantial understanding in SIP and CCaaS/Contact Centre or related fields.
- Extensive experience in financial modelling, forecasting, P&L management.
- Proven track record of success product launches and/or customer wins.
- Previous experience in the technology or telecommunications industry is a must.
HERE’S WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
Experience a wealth of opportunities that only a growing company can offer by joining a dynamic team that’s vigilantly working together towards reshaping the telecommunications landscape.
The heart and soul of our compensation program is built from the foundation of our vision, mission and values.
- Industry-leading Corporate Medical and Dental benefits program, in addition to many other perks that make Distributel a great place to work.
- RRSP contributions.
- We promote work-life balance with generous PTO.
- We provide a great work environment with organized social events.
- You’ll have opportunities for growth & development.
- We have great downtown locations and amazing people.
Distributel connects Canadians to the people, passion, and priorities that matter. Join us in our mission to provide a true alternative to Canadian consumers!
Diversity and inclusion are important at Distributel. We appreciate the uniqueness of all individuals and believe that our differences are what make us stronger. Distributel is committed to providing a workplace that ensures equal opportunities, development, and advancement for all.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION?
Your application is placed in our candidate pool. If your application matches the manager’s search criteria, you may be contacted for a pre-screen interview.
Due to high volumes of applications, not all applicants who submit an application will be contacted.
Diversity and inclusion are important at Distributel. We appreciate the uniqueness of all individuals and believe that our differences are what make us stronger. Distributel is committed to providing a work workplace that ensures equal opportunities, development, and advancement for all current and future employees.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly.
Powered by JazzHR