Our Transit group is an award winning mid-sized design studio dedicated to delivering creative public transit design solutions that elevate and strengthen the communities they serve.
We are committed to be a great place to work that fosters the professional growth of every individual through a relaxed, collaborative and dynamic work environment.
Intermediate Document Controller to join our team with experience on complex building typologies with large, multidisciplinary teams. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a Degree in Architecture or Engineering and have a minimum of 5 years of experience, strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills, and will have the ability to think quickly to resolve problems in real time and will also have a strong project coordination mindset.
Most Of The Things You'll Work On:
- Store and maintain documents in both electronic and physical forms
- Scan, image, index, and organize documents project wise
- Follow processes and principles of company's document procedures
- Archive, control, and retrieve records as and when needed
- Keep records of project details, meeting minutes, technical specifications, drawings, etc.
- Classify, sort, and categorize documents as per project document control system
- Control issuance of documents and seek proper approval for the same from responsible Managers
- Review completeness and accuracy of documents
- Perform quality check on documents by following document control processes
- Perform responsibilities of file migration and assist in auditing
- Maintain and retrieve data in and from spreadsheets
- Control distribution of documents to internal and external departments
You’ll Need to Have:
- Minimum University Bachelor’s Degree; in Architecture or Engineering preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years of proven work experience as a Document Controller in the Architecture or Engineering industry.
- Previous experience working on large and complex engineering or architecture projects from concept to delivery – P3 experience is an asset.
- Keen eye for details and understanding of process flow.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple deadlines and work under pressure is expected.
- Ability to interact and coordinate with internal and external business partners.
- Strong communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written.
- Proficiency with FTP, Project Wise, SharePoint, ISO, MS Office. PM+ experience is an asset.
This office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 7 floors, with over 700 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
- Furnished patios on different floors to eat lunch, to have meetings and team BBQs
- Charity Golf tournament in the summer
- Softball team
- Running group
- Curling Funspiel
- Ski/Snowboard Day
- Health and Wellness competitions
- Lunch room with ping pong tables and foosball table
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. #IBI