Mariner Innovations is seeking a Sr. Software Architect to help develop our high growth Telecom practice. The Software Architect will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team working on a major automation initiative. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- University degree in software engineering/computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with OSS systems including architecture, engineering, and development and testing.
- Fluent with software programming languages and scripting including JAVA, Python, Perl, JS
- Strong understanding of API integration and web service methods (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON).
- Demonstrable and practical experience in defining micro service-based architectures and the application of Microservices Design Patterns
- Ability to work collaboratively with a peer team of software architects to groom backlog and define sprint scope
- Ability to accurately estimate effort required for feature development
- Lead scrums, manage Kanban board etc.
- Continuous Integration (CI), version control and repositories (e.g. GIT), test-driven development
- Develop, test, deploy and support new solutions using the Agile/Scrum approach
- Knowledge of database: Oracle, SQL
- Delivers under pressure with excellent time management skills and prioritization.
- A team player and change enabler with a positive forward thinking mindset.
- Fully versed in all office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Mid level systems and network administration skills including Linux, Windows server and TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with web development including Ruby or Python or .NET or MS SharePoint
- Solid technical understanding of VoIP including Unified Communication applications.
- Experience or background in telecommunications services and operations
- Docker and/or other containerization toolsets
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We are proud to have been recognized by Progress magazine as one of Atlantic Canada’s TOP 101 companies, ranking #46 on 2015’s list, up from #62 in 2014.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!