An accountable ORT QA systems engineer responsible for high quality manual and automated testing. You will help schedule, plan and forecast the QA team testing efforts, including liaising with developers and other departments, to ensure a continuous increase in test coverage.
- Prepare and monitor the QA test suite.
- QA test releases from development to meet customer standards and specifications.
- Interact with development to test bug fixes.
- Perform overall quality control of QA work (Peer reviews).
- Work with test automation engineers to build our automation suite.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with team members.
- Configure and maintain test hardware and diagnostic equipment to support testing effort.
- Design and document lab architecture and deploy test lab equipment.
- Proven working experience as a QA engineer.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Familiarity with systems administration tasks.
- Ability to work with Windows and Linux (Ubuntu) Operating Systems
- Coding Background in Python and bash.
- Willingness to learn a huge system with Hardware and software interactions.
- Ability to learn a wide variety of technologies and quickly gain proficiency.
- Time management, organization skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills.
- Proven test automation
- Linux systems
- Python, bash
- IP Networking
What we offer:
- Employer funded benefits program
- Competitive total compensation package
- Work-life balance
- Employee Assistance plan
- Employee Discount Platform
- Career progression
- Casual work environment
- Social events and sports teams
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery.
Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers.
With over 1700 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
Powered by JazzHR