1. Carries out established recreation programs such as outings, exercises, crafts, social events, entertainment, games, etc.
2. Assists residents to and from programs as required.
3. Assists, encourages, and motivates residents / tenants to participate and provide personal care during recreational activities as required.
4. Observes, reports and documents any changes, in residents, to the supervisor and / or nurse.
5. Ensures recreational equipment and supplies are used, maintained and stored in a safe, clean, and efficient manner. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to supervisor.
6. Actively participates in C.Q.I. program, meetings, committees and educational in-services as required. Assists in the maintenance of statistical records.
7. Assists with orientation of new residents / tenants.
8. Provides guidance, assistance and support to volunteers. Assists in the evaluation of volunteers.
9. Performs all other duties as required. Qualifications 1. Graduate from a recognized Activity / Recreation Certificate or diploma program
2. Experience in a senior’s focused recreation department an asset.
3. Basic First Aid Certificate (Current).
4. Food Safe Course or equivalent (Current).
5. Valid Class 4 (Unrestricted) BC Driver’s License required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
1. Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions.
2. Good interpersonal and organizational skills.