SCADA/Controls Engineer – Calgary, AB
We are the North American market leader of low carbon energy solutions. Our integrated compressed natural gas (CNG) platform offers customers a steady supply of safe, reliable, and economical energy that lowers operating costs and improves environmental performance without the need for pipeline infrastructure.
The SCADA / Controls Engineer will provide technical support and guidance for all departments within Certarus. As a SCADA / Controls Engineer, the successful candidate will be the critical link between the Certarus SCADA systems and our engineering, finance, logistics, maintenance, and field operations groups. You may be asked to have several roles in various SCADA and Controls related projects such as PLC configuration and software updates, SCADA management, database management, reporting, networking, troubleshooting, testing, and application development. There will also be opportunities for system architecture design and improvement. This role will be part of the Engineering Group and the role will have the ability to make a significant impact to Certarus' growth strategy. This position reports to the VP of Engineering and is based primarily in either the Houston or Calgary corporate office but will require travel to field locations in both Canada and the USA.
- Normal working hours. Ready to support 24-hour operations
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help promote a proactive and positive safety culture within Certarus
- Continuously develop and evolve SCADA / Control Systems to best address the company’s needs as the business grows and enters new markets
- Support all SCADA / Control systems users within the company
- Help recruit and train new team members as the business needs
- SCADA / Controls Design and Development
- Technical liaison with strategic supplier of SCADA system
- Provide technical assistance to all departments as needed, either remote or in person
- Commissioning of new equipment
- System Architecture upgrades
- Develop data reporting tools from SCADA / Control systems,
- Train and mentor others in your areas of expertise
- Identify and capture opportunities for improvement in PLC Controls Hardware and Software
- Provide feedback to the Engineering Group for continuous improvement
- Keep current with latest equipment, technologies, and maintenance methods
- Act as technical liaison between Engineering and all users as well as Customers using company SCADA systems
- Advance the automation & digitization of equipment portfolio (trailers, compression & decompression) for improved reliability, data management & visibility, and remote operation
- Work with Engineering & IT groups to integrate automation systems (SCADA, etc.) into business systems & dashboards
- Build tools and processes to standardize or simplify day to day work and improve consistency
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Applied Science
- 3+ years in hands-on engineering roles with PLC’s and SCADA systems
- Aptitude for hands-on work combined with strong analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Certarus embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way and considers qualifications, merit, and business needs in our hiring decisions. Certarus is and will remain an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certarus offers a competitive compensation package, including benefits and retirement plans as well as employee ownership opportunities. Above all, we offer unlimited career advancement opportunities with a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
Powered by JazzHR