If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond.
We’ve come together because we believe in making a real difference in people’s financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
We are currently seeking a Branch Manager to join our team.
The Branch Manager is responsible for developing and directing the growth strategy and service portfolio goals for their assigned branch.
developing and enhancing long term member relationships; and identifying strategies to increase profits and reduce expenses.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day :
1. Leadership : Provides leadership and direction to branch team. Ensures development and maintenance of a high performance culture, by providing training sessions, active coaching, and through performance and sales management activities.
Creates a high degree of member satisfaction through engaged employees who are focused on providing a high standard of service to achieve sales, growth and profitability across all lines of business.
2. Annual Business Plan : Develops annual business plan for the branch that aligns with the strategic objectives of First West.
Reviews branch progress against plan and ensures goals and targets are achieved and / or exceeded. Ensures branch marketing plans, service strategy and operations align with First West’s strategic direction and long term success factors.
3. Business Development : Identifies and develops opportunities to promote the branch and First West within the community.
Develops new and enhances existing member relationships by participating in community clubs, associations and events as an advocate to promote the company.
4. Financial Management : Oversees all branch credit activities including monitoring, analyzing, pricing, rating, and approving.
Ensures credit recommendations and / or approvals are in accordance with established policy, procedures and authorized guidelines.
5. Risk Management : Ensures risk management processes and procedures are followed to manage fraud, reduce potential losses and meet regulatory and / or corporate requirements.
Oversees branch compliance for mutual funds and PCMLTFA (Proceeds of Crime Money Laundering Terrorist Financing Act) and ensures staff are current in required training (e.
g. money laundering) and communicates regular updates / changes to legislation or corporate requirements.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications :
Why work for us?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes :
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks.
We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.