At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
The Graphic Designer is responsible for company-wide creative services. Working closely with the Director of Creative Services, the Creative Services team, executives and production stuff, they will design materials and elements for a variety of media including broadcast, print and web. These materials will help to implement to studio's creative vision and communicate to the outside entertainment industry.
While our studio remains in beautiful Kitsilano, Vancouver, we have transitioned all of our staff to work from home during these difficult times of the COVID-19 outbreak. Our technology allows our employees to log in remotely to our on-site workstations with little or no noticeable difference from the way they worked in our studio. We now have team members working all across BC, and are happy to consider that option into the future for many positions!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works with the Creative Services team to define and develop project objectives, meeting project milestones in conjunction with project stakeholders.
- Includes company collateral materials, pitch/sales materials for our animated movies and specials, website designs, presentations, company branding initiatives, etc.
- Participates in creative brainstorming, offering design solutions.
- Provides concept development, including graphic mood boards, developing photographic style and typographic treatment.
- Collaborates on show titles and credit designs.
- Produces conceptual storyboard, site grids and interface demos to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Establishes design standards in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Works with compositors, editors and other artists to ensure correct implementation of designs.
- Supports and integrates the values of Mainframe: that being a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism, and inspiration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners, and clients.
- Additional duties as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- A degree or diploma in graphic design or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in the graphic design field. Must be able to present an online portfolio that represents a range of design styles as well as a clear personal aesthetic.
- Strong skills in the Adobe Creative Suite - specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Excellent typographic skills are a necessity - specifically for multi-page layout and logo design.
- Proficiency with After Effects is a significant asset.
- Experience with 3D software such as Cinema 4D or Maya is a definite asset.
- Experience with WordPress is an asset.
- Self-motivated, patient and able to remain focused under tight deadlines.
- Excellent creative problem-solving and ability to work collaboratively in teams.
- Strong personal organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Adaptable to change - can alter course of action quickly per production needs. Highly motivated, pro-active, solid work ethic and positive attitude.
- Open to feedback and able to provide constructive feedback in return.
- Encourages open communication between the team and other departments.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
Powered by JazzHR