We are looking for a Research Engineer to work closely with other team members on one or more AI-enabled data center network research projects. The selected candidate will actively participate in modeling AI problems in data center network, such as topology configuration, traffic control, traffic shaping, load balancing, multipathing and routing, scheduling, etc. In addition to implementing proof of concept prototypes, the selected candidate will also be encouraged in filing patents and publishing academic papers.
- Establishes networking environment by crafting network configuration
- Defines the AI/ML problems in data center network and improves the network performance by leveraging the data-driven approaches
- Be able to look at complicated network systems to find bottlenecks or room for improvement. Proactively find opportunities for technology advancement.
- Performs analysis, diagnosis of highly sophisticated networking problem.
- Collaborates with Huawei headquarter labs to work on innovative DCN AI/ML architecture and protocols for inventing the next generation DCN technologies.
- Requires Master or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Communications, or related fields
- Familiar with computer networking
- Solid grasp in TCP/IP internetworking, Routing, Switching, networking protocols and routing protocols
- Strong coding skills in one of the popular programming languages, such as Python, C/C++, Java, etc.
- Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Must be creative and have initiative
- Expertise on data center networking technologies is preferred
- Expert level internetworking solving problems in a large-scale network environment is preferred
- Excellent academic publication record will be a plus
- Previous AI-related hand-on experience will be a plus