Under the direct supervision of the Food Services Supervisor.
1. Obtain, organize, prepare, portion and distribute meals and snacks to residents in a manner that encourages consumption and enjoyment ensuring food safety is maintained, according to menus and service guidelines.
Maintain current knowledge of individual resident care plans regarding nutrition.
2. Clean and wash floors and perform other cleaning duties in designated areas to ensure a healthy environment.
3. Prepare soiled dishes for washing, operate dishwasher and store clean dishes.
4. Thoroughly clean and sanitize work areas and materials and keep in an orderly condition. Ensure resident safety is maintained through appropriate security of servery and chemicals.
5. Receive, unpack, check, store and rotate supplies safely in appropriate storage area.
6 Dispose of garbage and recycled materials in designated resident area.
7. Maintain, organize, and clean equipment, refrigeration and storage units.
8. Provide pleasant and courteous service to residents, their families, visitors and staff.
9. Respond to resident / family concerns in a courteous and constructive way encouraging positive customer service. Direct unresolved resident / family concerns to appropriate supervisor, Registered Nurse / Registered Practical Nurse or Charge Nurse.
10. Participate in meetings and attend training sessions as a member of the resident care team.
11. Perform Quality Assurance and Safety Audits as required. Report deficiencies to appropriate supervisor.
12. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the Pioneer Manor Health and Safety Manual / Disaster Plan and CGS’s Safety Manual, their associated procedures and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
13. Perform other related duties as required.