Argus Properties is Kelowna’s fastest growing privately owned and operated real estate investment and development companies. With over 50 years in business, we have a proven track record of success, and the expertise to provide exceptional service in the areas of leasing, project management, property management, and construction.
Headquartered in Kelowna, British Columbia, we believe in responsible and sustainable development in our communities. Our extensive portfolio of properties include; innovative commercial buildings, hotels, modern residential developments and versatile business parks.
We take pride in our dedication to excellence, our reputation for quality, and our promise to find or develop premium properties for our clients emphasizing value, quality, sustainability and efficiency.
At the heart of our business is innovation, and the hardworking dedication of our employees, our main building blocks.
Why Join Argus?
• The focus is you.
• Challenging work with leading-edge innovation.
• A company-wide commitment to training and development for all individuals.
• Recognized as an individual, unique and supported throughout your career.
• Talented and friendly co-workers who love a good laugh!
• Company events where you can connect with the team.
• We are a diverse group of people, open to discussion and opinions
We currently have two (2) positions available and will be recruiting for a full time and part time position.
Please Note: Strong consideration will be given to those candidates who currently reside in the Okanagan and surrounding area, possessing Canadian residency or citizenship. Due to the response volume, only those candidates who 'fit' the requirements will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your submission. Only those selected for an interview and any next steps will be contacted.
The Maintenance Technician will work closely and cooperatively with the commercial and residential management team, as well as colleagues within the leasing, construction, and corporate departments. You will report directly to the Director of Property Management, and take direction and assignments from both the commercial and residential team members. This position includes 24/7 on-call responsibilities shared among the other Maintenance personnel.
This skilled maintenance position is responsible for managing maintenance in our commercial and residential portfolio, and managing a team of workers. You will be responsible to regularly inspect sites, perform day-to-day operations in the upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment ensuring that all properties are maintained to the highest standard. This position will support seasonal maintenance, preventive maintenance schedules, landscaping, and both tenant and projects as directed. Must be familiar with WorkSafe BC practices relative to working alone, working on elevated platforms, working on roofs and ladders. Experience coordinating maintenance, repair work, and installation of equipment with other trade personnel is essential. You will be routinely called upon to diagnose and troubleshoot all types of building system issues, and must determine the proper method, tools, supplies and equipment for proper repair. You will also be required to be on call as scheduled outside of normal business hours.
- Respond to Customer service requests, ensuring all standard procedures are adhered to and expectations are being met; effective troubleshooting is required;
- Follow up on past calls to ensure Customer satisfaction;
- Respond to all tenant service requests within a reasonable time, where delays are unavoidable, advise the affected Customer and PM;
- Conduct and document regular inspections of mechanical rooms, mechanical equipment, roof, common areas, tenant areas and construction areas to assess cleanliness, safety and efficiency;
- Periodic roof inspections will be required to ensure litter and organic debris is controlled, and roof drain systems are clear and in proper working order;
- Rectify and report serious deficiencies to Property Manager promptly;
- Conduct regularly assigned Preventative Maintenance Program (PMP) assignments;
- Conduct regular, thorough inspections of common areas, mechanical and electrical areas;
- Rectify and report all serious deficiencies discovered promptly to the Property Manager;
- Coordinate with outside Contractors as required/delegated, ensuring all safety, security and maintenance regulations are complied with, including communication with all other affected Employees or Tenants within the Building;
- Work shifts as required, attending to any Tenant service requests of Building/Fire Protection alarms;
- Perform basic carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical repair, maintenance, and troubleshooting;
- Ensure that the buildings HVAC, lighting and plumbing systems are in clean and good working condition; repair and maintain as appropriate or coordinate with a 3rd party service provider;
- Routinely inspect and follow up with team on all commercial vacant premises and exterior property within the portfolio;
- Perform landscaping duties; lawn mowing, pruning, raking leaves, and watering, if required;
- Perform snow removal duties that may include snow shoveling and conduct onsite inspections managing third party contractors;
- Appliance replacement and relocations; furniture relocation and disposal, as necessary.
- Work with Project Managers on construction tenders and oversee work as assigned in contracts;
- Participate in the coordination of projects;
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work;
- Supervise and train maintenance technicians;
- Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance;
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment;
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations;
- Develop and maintain collaborative and professional relationships with Argus Tenants, Vendors and Customers;
- Be available to respond to emergency calls and rotating on-call schedule outside normal business hours;
- Routine heavy lifting is expected;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years building and maintenance experience;
- Power engineering Certificate, BOMA Facilities Management courses and similar education or certification is an asset;
- Knowledge of health and safety practices and regulations; First Aid, Fall Protection courses, WHIMIS, knowledge of the BC Building Code, Fire Code;
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills and a strong ability to work independently upholding the Core Values of Argus Group of companies;
- Proven experience as Maintenance Supervisor or similar role;
- Strong repair and maintenance skills; solid knowledge and experience in plumbing, electrical, and carpentry;
- Ability to prioritize work efficiently under pressure and in a timely manner;
- Highly organized; must keep documentation, paperwork, and tools neat and orderly at all times for reliability;
- Must be proficient in the safe use and operation of a variety of mechanical tools in the daily performance of the job responsibilities;
- Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract necessary; the use of company vehicles and motorized equipment may be required. Annual verification required;
- Ability be bonded and insured;
- Police clearance required.
Powered by JazzHR