Position Summary Reporting to the Executive Chef and / or designate the Cook’s Helper will follow established policies, procedures and standards while assuming responsibility for ware-
1. Cleans dishes, pots, glassware and cutlery following established sanitation procedures.
2. Monitors and records the temperature of the dish machine at least twice daily. Reports all deficiencies to the executive Chef or Support service Manager.
3. Ensures correct usage of chemicals in dish machine and pot washing areas i.e. uses 3-sink method for pot washing.
4. Assists in food preparation as assigned by cook or executives chef.
5. Receives, uncrates and puts away supplier deliveries as required.
6. Breaks down cardboard boxes and prepares boxes for re-cycling or disposal.
7. Cleans dish machine and pot washing area thoroughly. Assume cleaning tasks as per site cleaning schedules.
8. Cleans kitchen, including mopping entire floor.
9. Adheres to established department policies, procedures and objectives regarding quality assurance, safety, environmental and inflectional control.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned. Qualifications 1. Grade 10; or equivalent
2. Food Safe level 1 certificate
SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
1. Ability to take direction and learn procedures
2. Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral English
3. Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy and patience when working with staff and residents.
4. Ability to operate related equipment.
5. Must be in good health and free from communicable disease and allergies associated with cleaners.