This temporary full-time (35 hours per week) position is available from June 3, 2019 to May 29, 2020. Regular hours of work are Monday to Friday, 9 : 00 am to 5 : 00 pm.
No modified schedule is available.
Occasional work arrangements at our Coquitlam campus and Anvil Office Tower location will be required, as will occasional evening and / or weekend work.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That’s how Douglas College defines a great career. It’s a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms.
It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC’s Top Employers. We love what we do. And we’re looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada’s best colleges even better.
The International Student Life Assistant contributes to the success of Douglas College and its community of learners by providing reception, clerical, logistical and administrative support functions for Douglas College International.
A client-centred service focus is essential for this role.
d. establishes and maintains effective traditional and electronic filing systems, purges information;e. generates revises and produces documents such as international student records, orientation class lists, mailing lists, etc.
f. compiles information and / or statistics for reports for internal and external purposes, compiles information based on foreign language information and prepares material for distribution.
3. Provides information and assistance to international students, visitors and college personnel in relation to international education programs and projects.
c. assists with the preparation of applications and or proposal documents, identifying a variety of international opportunities.
4. Performs other related duties.a. assists with solving homestay related problems.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
1. To have completed a two-year program in office administration or other related field at a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum of two years related work experience in international education.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.2. A good working knowledge of the B.
C. post-secondary educational system with an emphasis on international education and the regulations and policies governing international students in Canada.
3. Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills including fluency in the English language (written and verbal) and the ability to interact effectively and tactfully with people of various backgrounds and cultures, including students, college employees, home-
stay families, agents and partner institutions.4. Demonstrated ability to : - develop and maintain good working relationships within the Douglas International team and the wider college community.
6. Knowledge of an additional language is required.7. RISIA or RCIC Certification is considered an asset.