Reporting to the Manager of the Central Scheduling Office, the scheduler will be required to , maintain and organize schedules for all staff on designated units including : nursing, HCAs and BCs in accordance with the collective agreements and the specific staffing needs of the units.
The scheduler will also be responsible for reviewing and revising time and labour data into KRONOS, running reports and maintaining records according to department guidelines.
Schedule Work Hours
Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends and Holidays
1. Grade 12 or equivalent
2. College certificate / diploma in Business, Secretarial or Office Administration(or Business experience)
3. At least 3 years relevant work experience in a scheduling / administrative environment.
4. In-depth knowledge of Union and Non-Union contracts and language related to ONA, CUPE and OPSEU and ability to apply collective agreement language.
5. In-depth knowledge of human resource policies, procedures and demonstrated ability to interpret and consistently apply these
6. Experience with Kronos ESP (Environment for Scheduling Personnel) Software or automate scheduling software is an asset.
7. Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and keyboarding skills of 40WPM.
8. Excellent organizational and time management skills
9. Proven communication skills : verbal, written and interpersonal.
10. Thrives on being a creative problem solver.
11. Excellent Listening skills and client relationship skills.
12. Ability to be self-directed and take initiative while working independently and remaining focused on an assignment through to delivery.
13. Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment.
14. Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict and problem solve
15. Excellent organizational and time management skills
16. Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative, organize and establish priorities and meet deadlines.
17. Demonstrated ability to make decisions in accordance with policies, legislated requirements and collective agreements and in accordance with HHS core values.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct.
Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact Human Resources Operations at 905-
521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process.
If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note : the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset