Hiring Bonus: total amount of $1,000*
- $500 after completion of the Probationary Period (90 working days)
- $500 after One Year of continuous employment (365 days)
*Note: New Hires referred by current employees of Tree Island will not be eligible for the Hiring Bonus.
What You’ll Do:
Our Pipefitter works within our Maintenance team and plays an important role in providing maintenance to our manufacturing equipment and machinery on both an emergency- and preventative- maintenance basis. You will be responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing water, gas, and compressed steam high-pressure pipes, pipe-fittings and pumps.
The Pipefitter reports to the Maintenance Manager or a designate. Within our manufacturing facility, we have a variety or equipment and machinery including galvanizing lines, wiredraw machines, mesh machines, nail machines, packing lines, etc. Safety is our # 1 priority.
The position offers a competitive hourly rate as per the table below and includes a comprehensive benefits package. Membership in the Teamsters Union, Local 213 is required.
Monday to Friday (steady days) $ 41.20
(this position is ideal for individuals with a plumbing background)
What You’ll Bring:
The successful candidate requires a BC or Inter-Provincial Pipefitter/Steamfitter Trade Qualification with a minimum of 5 years' related work experience in a heavy industrial environment that includes:
- Planning and laying out work from blueprints, drawings or other written specifications;
- Pump system analysis and sizing;
- A sound working knowledge of pipefitting systems (steam/hot water heating, instrument calibration, instrumentation/control installation, cooling systems, PRV valves, processing systems, compressed gas and vacuum systems);
- Making detailed sketches for pipe and equipment fabrication and installation;
- Selecting, measuring, shaping and joining pipes according to the project specifications; modifying structures to accommodate the pipes; and pipe testing;
- Using testing equipment to check systems for leaks;
- A sound working knowledge of PVC/CPVC and metal piping;
- Experience providing work direction to other maintenance or plant employees;
- A sound working knowledge of pipe design would be a definite asset.
What’s In It For You:
Comprehensive Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental)
Retirement – Matching RRSP
Safety & Service Recognition Awards
About Tree Island:
Tree Island Steel Ltd. (“Tree Island Steel” or the “Company”) is a publicly listed company whose shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol TSL. Headquartered in Richmond, British Columbia, since 1964, Tree Island Steel, through its four operating facilities in Canada and the United States, produces wire products for a diverse range of industrial, residential construction, commercial construction, agricultural, and specialty applications.
Its products include bright wire; a broad array of fasteners, including packaged, collated and bulk nails; stucco reinforcing products; concrete reinforcing mesh; fencing and other fabricated wire products. The Company markets these products under the Tree Island®, Halsteel®, True-Spec®, K-Lath®, TI-Wire® and Tough Strand® brand names. Tree Island Steel operates in Canada under Tree Island Industries Ltd and in the United States under Tree Island Wire (USA) Inc.
Powered by JazzHR