Company : Walker Industries
Location : Niagara Falls, ON
Do you imagine yourself working with a high-functioning team of Information Technology professionals, using your knowledge and finely honed skills to support and drive wide-ranging needs of employees and managers alike?
By using exceptional oral, verbal and written communications skills and an ability to anticipate and respond to urgencies, a great Help Desk Technician ensures issues are foreseen or responded to with an efficient, helpful and dependable approach.
If you genuinely love interacting with a wide range of people, excel at problem solving and helping others find the answers they need as well as proactively navigate through diverse and challenging situations, you could be our next great Help Desk Technician.
We’re Walker Industries one of Niagara Region’s top employers and we’re looking for our next Help Desk Technician.
Help Desk Technician
You’re already someone that others would describe as friendly, proactive, a team player who is also able to work alone, organized, adaptable, a great communicator, patient, and highly technical.
Reporting to our Network & Support Manager, your primary goal is to provide excellent client experiences while supporting the day-to-day operations in matters relating to the IT infrastructure.
Key responsibilities include :
1. Follows helpdesk policies and procedures and provides a timely response to incidents assigned to them in the ticketing system.
Escalates incidents to the appropriate resource for advice and resolution.
2. Provides technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software and hardware.
3. Troubleshoots minor network issues including repairing or replacing network switches, access points, firewalls, cabling or other network related hardware.
This includes investigating internet outages and submitting technical support calls to service provider when required.
4. Configures and deploys new equipment including laptops, desktops, monitors and printers.
5. Travels to remote locations, to resolve, repair, replace and install equipment as required.
6. Assists end users with configuration, maintenance and operation of devices and software applications.
7. Delivers the IT onboarding training to new Walker employees either in person or via WebEx.
8. Maintains accurate records of computer inventories (computers, printers, etc.) and assists with updating asset tracking / disposal.
9. Monitors network systems health, identifies security risks, and responds appropriately to mitigate such risks.
10. Administers / manages the various security system platforms corporate wide. (Card access / security fobs, cameras, gates, maintenance).
11. Administers and supports the various corporate phone systems (configuration of new handsets / conference phones, moves, changes and minor programming changes).
This is a full-time, permanent role, offering a competitive salary. You’ll be working from our Thorold, Ontario corporate head office conveniently located between St.
Catharines and Niagara Falls however, you will frequently travel during the day andoccasionally overnight in order to serve our various locations’ operational needs.
Our head office location has many conveniences such as a healthy, on-site café and an exercise room. On sunny days when you are in the mood for fresh air, you’re in close proximity to parks and trails, or you could look out over an adjacent Walker Aggregates quarry.
Working Walker Industries
Established in 1887, we are proud to be a fifth-generation, family-owned, Canadian company. Our group of companies includes aggregates, paving & construction, emulsions and environmental waste & recycling solutions.
We are known for our philanthropy and above and beyond’ service to our customers and communities.
There’s a lot more we’re proud of too.
We’re proud to be growing, serving more customers and providing more jobs across Canada and the USA.
We’re proud of our environmental stewardship using technical advancements and innovation to create environmentally friendly, sustainable emulsions and specialty products.
We’re proud to use the best tools and technology in the business serving our customers well and keeping our employees safe.
And we’re proud of an awesome people-first culture. Working here means being part of a team not a cog in a machine and even in regional offices we feel valued, autonomous, and central to the action.
Everyone at Walker has a voice.
The most important thing is your personality and aptitude, your excellent interpersonal skills, your ability to collaborate with a broad range of individuals and groups, and your commitment friendly, organized, astute, adaptable, proactive and professional are ways that you are described by others.
In addition, these qualifications are essential :