As a member of the healthcare team, the EA provides environmental and unit support in patient care areas. Functions according to the job description for Environmental Aides.
Schedule Work Hours
days, , weekends, holidays
1. Grade 12 or equivalent
2. Previous cleaning or healthcare experience an asset
3. Ability to work closely with staff on the unit including ability to accept assignments, delegation, requests and follow instructions
4. Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families and other members of the healthcare team, both verbal and written
5. Ability to set and adjust priorities and organize work in response to unit needs
6. Ability to use domestic and commercial cleaning equipment and to work with cleaning agents and germicides
7. Ability to stand for long periods, repetitive reaching, repetitive bending, pushing and lifting using good body mechanics
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct.
Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-
521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process.
If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note : the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset