Position Summary Reporting to the Chef / Food Service Manager and / or designate, the Support Service Worker (Dishwasher) will participate in ware-
washing, pot washing and general sanitation of the food service area. The Support Service Worker (Dishwasher) participates in the set up for special events.
The Support Service Worker (Dishwasher) assists with receiving the grocery orders and placing items in the dry storage room.
1. Carries out duties such as scraping dishes, racking / stacking dishes, washing dishes, cutlery and glassware, and transporting dishes as required.
2. Monitors and records the temperature of the dish machine.
3. Ensures correct usage of chemicals in dish machine and pot washing areas
4. Changes water in dish machine after each meal service.
5. Performs general cleaning tasks as per site cleaning schedules in the service area, preparation areas and kitchen, including pot washing.
6. Ensures the cleanliness of the floors, counters and other surfaces in the Kitchen and Dining areas is maintained according to Public Health and Licensing regulations.
7. Receives, uncrates, and puts away supplier deliveries as required.
8. Breaks down cardboard boxes and prepares boxes for disposal.
9. Ensures garbage is removed from Kitchen and Dining areas and placed in the appropriate location for collection and removal from building.
10. Practices and maintains department policies, procedures and objectives regarding quality assurance, safety, sanitation, and infection control as required by the Health Department and facility.
11. Establishes and maintains an atmosphere conducive to pleasant dining by creating an environment which maintains the happiness, self-
respect, general dignity and physical safety of each resident.
12. Ensures that all food is wrapped, labelled and stored according to policies, procedures and Public Health Regulations as needed.
13. Promotes and maintains positive communication and relationships among staff, residents, and guests.
14. Prevents the spread of infection by proper hand washing, appropriate glove use, following prescribed cleaning techniques, and proper handling of chemicals.
15. Attends staff meetings and education sessions as required.
16. Other related duties as required by the by the Chef / Food Service Manager.
17. Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS :
1. Food Safe Certificate Required.
2. Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
3. Experience in a dining room environment an asset
4. Knowledge and experience with kitchen equipment and machines an asset
5. Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral English.
6. Must be in good health; able to spend the majority of the shift standing, walking, and carrying dishes.
7. Must be free of allergies or conditions, which may be aggravated by working with cleaners, detergents and equipment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
1. Ability to demonstrate, empathy, patience, tact and concern in providing quality service to residents
2. Ability to take direction, follow instructions, and learn procedures.
3. Ability to work independently and / or as a member of a team.
4. Must be able to lift 40lbs alone; able to push and pull items on carts; able to stretch, reach, crouch and kneel as needed; stand for lengths of time.