Production Supervisor, New-Life Mills
Join our team that shares your Passion & Heart for Canadian agriculture! New-Life Mills, a division of Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited (P&H) has an opportunity for a motivated, forward-thinking, and dedicated individual as a Production Supervisor based in Denfield, Ontario.
Work and grow with a family-owned company.
New-Life Mills is an exciting place to develop and grow a career in agriculture and agricultural processing, supporting Canadian producers of poultry and livestock as well as producers who grow and sell their crops to global markets. A family-owned Canadian company with deep roots in grain trading, flour milling, animal feed production and live animal management, New-Life Mills has been serving the needs of livestock and poultry producers for more than 50 years.
P&H’s roots go back over 110 years, and we have always been a Canadian, family-owned and managed agri-business. Our corporate culture values are family values; honesty and integrity with a focus on listening and continuous learning. Like family, we support our staff to always do better.
Skills and experience for the next step in your career.
As Production Supervisor, you are responsible for the leadership and administration of plant operations; overseeing staffing, production scheduling, monitoring of raw ingredient inventory, quality of goods produced in the facility and timely manufacturing of finished product. A key member of the plant management team, you are responsible for building and maintaining relationships with production employees and maintenance staff and, in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Lead, you are also responsible for ensuring the implementation of the Feed Assure™ and quality assurance programs, planned and preventative maintenance programs, and all Health & Safety initiatives within the facility. With two supervisors per plant location, you will work an interlocking master schedule to provide seven-day supervisory coverage.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Maintain a safe workplace for all employees including training of all production employees in company Health and Safety requirements, Feed Safety and Regulatory requirements
- Ensure appropriate production staffing levels to meet requirements of facility (3 shifts, 7 days per week)
- Assist with recruitment, hiring, orienting, scheduling, and performance management of production employees in cooperation with the Plant Manager
- Scheduling production sequencing and runs with a view to efficiency and regulatory compliance
- Operate within company policies to manage performance corrections
- Track production deviations and verify by QA/QC policy, completion of Corrective Actions Report documentation when necessary
- Monitor production facility performance against set key performance indicators
- Work with other members of the management team to foster a Team Approach with a focus on customer service and quality product.
- Monitor inventory of raw ingredient requirements versus production run requirements
- Coordinate with Dispatch to maximize efficiencies for both production and deliveries
- Coordinate with Order Desk / Customer Service Lead for production forecasting (like feeds/longer runs)
- Communicate with Plant Manager to keep updated on issues/challenges
- Work with Feed Division Maintenance Supervisor and facility maintenance personnel to determine and prioritize necessary repair items
- Ensuring Feed Assure regulations are followed
- Implement and maintain Feed Assure accreditation (working with Quality Assurance Coordinator)
- Implement and maintain corporate Quality Assurance / Quality Control Program in cooperation with the Nutrition & Technical Integration Department
- Act as the management representative on the Health and Safety Committee. Ensure scheduling of monthly meetings, plant inspections, coordination of staff training and compliance levels.
The successful candidate should enter the position with the following qualifications:
- A college diploma in agriculture, industrial technology or a related field, or equivalent experience
- An agriculture background with knowledge of feed ingredients and medications, good manufacturing practices and mechanical aptitude
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on plant and business processes
- Ability to identify key issues, overcome internal challenges or obstacles creatively and strategically
- A clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- A high level of integrity, confidentially and accountability
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Office
- On call for after-hours production related and customer service emergencies
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
P&H is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. As a result, Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Employment Equity Act. We welcome applications from women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Learn more about us at www.parrishandheimbecker.com
Powered by JazzHR