At Mainframe Studios, we’re creators first. We eat creative and technical challenges for breakfast and come back for more. We’ve been doing this for 25+ years, and we’re still going strong. We’re lucky enough to have the best team in the business. From our artists to our technical and production folks, everyone is passionate about collaborating on some kickass projects. We’ve partnered with the biggest names in the business to create a huge library of content. With partners like Mattel, Netflix, DreamWorks, Sony, Silvergate, and Nickelodeon, it's no wonder we’ve established ourselves as a creative force to be reckoned with.
WE WANT YOU (and your mad skills)!
Under the guidance of the Pipeline Supervisors and VP, Information Technology and Pipeline, the Pipeline TD supports and enhances the infrastructure that facilitates a production’s processes and workflows.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the studio 2D Animation Pipeline (Toon Boom Harmony).
- Assists in the development of the studio's 2D and 3D pipeline.
- Maintains accurate documentation for all tools being used and tested.
- Interprets and implements notes and feedback from the CG Supervisor and Pipeline Supervisors in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Attends regular production and departmental meetings.
- Delivers assignments per project’s schedule.
- Adheres to digital file management protocols.
- Aligns and engages with the values of Mainframe: ta culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
- Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members, partners and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced degree of CG Animation and/or Visual Effects for both 2D and 3D Pipelines.
- 2+ years’ experience working/supporting a 2D Toon Boom pipeline.
- Solid knowledge of CG Animation and/or Visual Effects for both 2D and 3D Pipelines.
- A demonstrable knowledge of Animation Pipeline in a 2D Toon Boom Harmony environment.
- Toon Boom Harmony Certification would be an asset.
- Demonstrable production knowledge of Python, C and C++ is an asset.
- Previous production experience with QT and GUI is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Maya is required.
- Working knowledge of Shotgun is required.
- Working knowledge of Qube or a similar render farm management software is required.
- Acquires and maintains up-to-date knowledge in the relevant fields.
- Has ability to communicate and/or demonstrate ideas clearly and concisely. Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from one's supervisors and senior TDs.
- Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives.
- Adaptable to change, he/she can alter course of action quickly per production needs. Highly motivated, proactive, solid work ethic and positive attitude.
- Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
- Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to deliver assignments on time and meet set objectives.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
Mainframe Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we will not discriminate against any individual based on race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. This policy applies to every aspect of employment at Mainframe Studios, including recruitment, hiring, training, advancement, and termination. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and partners. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.
Powered by JazzHR