Salary Range As per Academic Salary Grid Temporary Market Stipend Incumbent
Total Assigned days (AC) / Total Hours per biweekly pay
Posting Status Closed Special Instructions to Applicants
Job Duties / Qualifications, Skills and Abilities(QSA)
Job Duties Job Duties
1. Plan, develop and deliver classroom and workplace instruction which will facilitate the learning of employability and workplace essential skills.
2. Conduct career & essential skills assessments which will include using TOWES and literacy level appropriate career tools.
3. Debrief assessments with learners and assist them in developing realistic career plans.
4. Prepare individual learning plans relevant to learner’s career goals.
5. Research and utilize instructional strategies and resources which will maximize the learners’ acquisition of workplace essential skills.
6. Instruct learners in job search techniques such as resume writing, interview skills and portfolio development.
7. Assist in the development of training plans for worksite training.
8. Assist in finding appropriate work placements for learners.
9. Facilitate the evaluation of learners’ workplace performance and provide feedback and adjust training plans accordingly.
10. Manage an adult centered learning environment, establish rapport, encourage aspirations and facilitate problem solving in a non-threatening environment.
11. Complete and maintain student records; prepare statistics; ensure a system for effective utilization of instructional materials and other resources.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE Specific Accountabilities Duties Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities (QSA)
1. Degree in Education with a preference for studies in adult education and / or adult literacy and / or workplace training.
2. Experience in adult literacy, workplace training and transition to work programming.
3. Knowledge of career planning; experience in using career assessments.
4. Qualified to administer TOWES.
5. Demonstrated ability to prepare individual and group learning plans that lead to the development of employability and workplace essential skills.
6. Experience in instruction of job search techniques.
7. Demonstrated ability to use training technologies such as Windows vista, Microsoft Office 2000 including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 / 6 and Netscape 4.7 and Outlook 2000.
8. Ability to work effectively with learners from diverse backgrounds including youth, older workers, people with disabilities, people of Aboriginal ancestry, people with English as a second language.
9. Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and personal management skills.
10. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
11. Demonstrates valuing diversity.
Desired QSA Required Competencies