Title: Project Coordinator
Reporting to the Project Director, the Project Coordinator will be part of a team for one or more projects working closely with cross-functional project teams including Superintendents, Estimators, Project Managers, Consultants, Engineers, Sub-contractors and clients throughout the project lifecycle. This will be a home office environment with travel to site and or team meeting as needed.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assisting the Project Director & Superintendents to ensure that delivery of critical project elements are expedited and completed
- Processing subcontracts and purchase orders, as well as Prime and Subcontract progress claims
- Process all change orders, including assessing cost and schedule impact
- Preparing site documentation
- Performing routine site visits and attending site meetings as requested by Project Manager, documenting and distributing associated meeting minutes
- Contribute to all aspects of the project including profitability, schedule adherence and customer expectations
- Contribute to maintaining project safety culture
- Work with accounting department to ensure project accounting is accurate and timely
- Review subcontractor applications for payment
- Live and model the behaviors as aligned with Scotts Values
Scott Construction Values
- People First | When we take care of people, we take care of Scott, our Industry and our communities.
- Safety Always | We owe it to each other to get home safely.
- Seek Better Ways | Innovation and development fuels growth.
- Get It Done | Deliver on every commitment.
- Have Fun | Enjoy what you do.
- Own It | Be accountable and take pride in each day’s work.
- Completion of secondary education in a Construction Management or Engineering related discipline
- 2+ years of experience working in construction project management or field experience an asset
- Familiarity with drawings, contract administration, document management, scheduling software and change order procedures
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook with Procore experience an asset
- Solid understanding of construction drawings, specifications, methods and procedure
- Excellent relationship building and track record of integrity when dealing with Clients, Trades and Consultants
- Excellent organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with a variety of people
- Experience using MS Project or other PM software
- The ability work in a team environment and ability to work remote and remain productive
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Scott Construction Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Powered by JazzHR