Foreman/Forewoman - Earthworks
Golderado Contracting Corp. provides civil site work, common construction services to the oil and gas industry and municipal infrastructure projects throughout Western Canada.
At Golderado Contracting Corp, we're constantly pushing the limits of what we've done in the past - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. These are people who are simultaneously critical, creative and captivated by construction. They make our business their business, and follow a path that with continuous learning and an innovative spirit leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and Golderado Contracting Corp.) further.
In the position of a General Foreperson, we would ask you to do the following:
- Work with Superintendents, Project Managers, and sub-contractors to increase safety awareness and improve safety practices.
- Contribute to creating and execute safety plan
- Responsible for safety on site
- Lead and assist in weekly safety meetings on sites
- Lead and participate in toolbox meetings
- Assist in investigation and reporting of incidents
- Supervise workers and coach them to a higher safety culture and productivity
- Knowledgeable on operating heavy equipment, clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment, secure special attachments to equipment
- Operate two-way radios and other communication equipment, perform minor repairs to equipment
- Ensure that all quality documents are being signed off
- Receive and sign permits for work inside live operating plants
- Coordinate survey crews and interpret grade stakes
Sounds challenging and exciting right? Here are a few of the attributes and experience you need to be successful in this position:
- You have five years of experience on equipment and a heavy equipment operator certificate. You also have minimum 2 years experience in a supervisory role.
- You have experience working in an industrial setting.
- Support the "As Built" function
- Leadership for Safety Excellence (LSE Proficiency level certified)
- Valid driver's licence
- You have the ability to quickly identify problem situations, evaluate alternative causes and produce workable solutions and work positively within a team to achieve a common goal
Must have your CSTS-09(or 2020), provide an insurable Driver's Abstract and comply with our Drug and Alcohol testing policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of any age, culture, subculture, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, race, size, mental or physical status, veteran status, religion, language, political opinion, working-style preference, family status, education, and socio-economic status.