Why Syneos Health? Join a game-changing company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies, INC Research and inVentiv Health, we bring together more than 22,000 clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get biopharmaceutical therapies into the hands of patients who need them most.
Evolve in a global company that is always looking for ways to work smarter and more efficiently as the only fully integrated Biopharmaceutical Accelerator.
You'll be supported with comprehensive resources based on today's emerging technologies, data, science and knowledge - instead of practices from the past.
Teaming with some of the most talented professionals in the industry, you'll gain exposure and work in a dynamic environment to over-
deliver and outperform. A career with Syneos Health means your everyday work improves patients’ lives around the world.
Promotes safety and implements Study Protocol, Working Practices, Standard Operating Practices, and Good Clinical Practices in the conduct of clinical trials.
Promotes Nursing Standards in compliance with the College of Nurses and Regulated Health Professionals Act.
Essential Functions :
1. Practices all relevant clinical skills and non-clinical functions during study conduct as qualification and training permits.
2. Ensures study volunteers are efficiently monitored and safety requirements or actions are implemented as necessary.
3. Ensures documentation is compliant to ICH guidelines and INC Research Toronto’s policies.
4. Provides instruction and support while working with multidisciplinary team members.
5. Protects volunteer privacy and confidentiality.
6. Assists with admission, discharge, and study room procedures.
7. Communicates effectively with subjects and research team.
8. Ensures a safe environment for volunteers and clinical staff.
9. Assists with monitoring of crash carts and safety equipment as relevant.
10. Performs any non-study related tasks as required or any additional duties as professional qualifications and training allows.
11. Maintains all training requirements including, but not limited to, the completion of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), monthly training requirements, attending manditory in-
person training sessions, and providing certification or training documents in a timely manner.
12. Appropriately implement Protocol and regulatory requirements in study conduct.
13. Proficient in venipuncture, intravenous catheter insertion, and in advanced airway management.
14. Proficient in subcutaneous injections, intramuscular injection, and lead II interpretation.
15. Ability to monitor telemetry.
Other Responsibilities :
Performs other work-related duties as assigned. Minimal travel may be required (up to 25%).
Current Ontario Certificate of Competence (in good standing), RN License. Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification or willing to obtain within 3 months of employment.
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in emergency ICU or CCU. Experience in clinical research an asset. Ability to problem solve, and adapt to changing clinic needs.
Ability to organize and prioritize within a changing environment. Able to appropriately implement Protocol and regulatory requirements in study conduct.
Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent documentation practices and strong attention to detail.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and email.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities.
Equivalent experience, skills, and / or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description.
The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above.
Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills / experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms.
Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.